• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last time you saw someone famous

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Michael Portillo in the BA lounge. Wearing a peach jacket.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Michael Portillo in the BA lounge. Wearing a peach jacket.
What on earth is happening ?
Both you & Portillo flying & not getting the train 😁😁

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
What on earth is happening ?
Both you & Portillo flying & not getting the train 😁😁
I believe Hants was supposed to be on the train but had to switch to air travel due to the pesky French.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I believe Hants was supposed to be on the train but had to switch to air travel due to the pesky French.
I'm not asking Portillo if that is his reason for flying!

Oldsmobile-88

Ah right.
I know there has been a long industrial transport dispute in France from my dad who lives there for a few months in the Spring & Autumn.
I did not know it was still going on.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ah right.
I know there has been a long industrial transport dispute in France from my dad who lives there for a few months in the Spring & Autumn.
I did not know it was still going on.
It restarted today. The sleeper from Paris to Milan has been replaced by a coach :oops:

Oldsmobile-88

It restarted today. The sleeper from Paris to Milan has been replaced by a coach :oops:
Long old drag on a coach..I would fly too !

Can’t do long coach trips these days.
I once did Ostend to Belgrade & back when I was 17.Easy back then..It would kill me now.!

Grecian2K

Mind you, an all too common situation these days on our own fragmented rail network as well! :(

Oldsmobile-88

Mind you, an all too common situation these days on our own fragmented rail network as well! :(
What did we hate on RaWZ tours,G2K...The replacement bus service. !! We had to get it a few times from Taunton.

I got on one from Bristol Parkway after a train trip from York.Only me & one other person on the coach,quite handy because I got the driver to go via Heavitree & drop me off about 300 yards from my house 😁😁..Every cloud..

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
What did we hate on RaWZ tours,G2K...The replacement bus service. !! We had to get it a few times from Taunton.

I got on one from Bristol Parkway after a train trip from York.Only me & one other person on the coach,quite handy because I got the driver to go via Heavitree & drop me off about 300 yards from my house 😁😁..Every cloud..
When we played the GAWS I rocked up to Axminster station good and early ready to have a full English at the station café before catching the train, only to be told when I parked up that there were no trains. They pretty much offered to get the next coach running for my benefit, I said no thanks and got back in the car and drove to God's Own City instead.