• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Game Night.
Wasn't sure what to expect, but ignoring the Hollywood ending, I quite enjoyed it.
7.5/10

Leads

Struggling through The Beach. One of my favourite books and a great soundtrack, but it just doesn’t compete in any way. 5/10 at best.

Colesman Ballz

The Banshees of Inisherin. An unusual low key and gentle paced black comedy set on an island off the wild Atlantic Coast of Ireland in the 1920's, with a very surprising "twist in the tail". Certainly a very different viewing experience but well worth it. 8/10

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Struggling through The Beach. One of my favourite books and a great soundtrack, but it just doesn’t compete in any way. 5/10 at best.
I've not seen it, although an ex worked on it – she even ended up watching an early cut in the company of DiCaprio.

Bridgy 81

We went to see Pearl yesterday which is the second film in an interlinked trilogy.
The first one is called X and the final one which is in production is Maxxxine.
Mia Goth plays two characters across the three films which are set in different time periods.
Yesterday’s film is described as a slasher and there was quite a bit of that going on, as there was in the first instalment as well.
But I think it’s a bit more than that and an interesting and different take on the standard type of horror film.
We had to go early evening so didn’t take any grub in with us but had some celebratory takeaway fish and chips afterwards whilst following our brilliant win.
An enjoyable evening all round.

Banksy

Sea of Sand 1958. Starring Richard Attenborough , John Gregson and Michael Craig.Long Range Desert Group, forerunner of the SAS , head four hundred miles across the Libyan Desert to blow up a German fuel dump.A lot of good action and a decent plot with not so much stiff upper lip. Released as Desert Patrol in the U.S.

Banksy

We went to see Pearl yesterday which is the second film in an interlinked trilogy.
The first one is called X and the final one which is in production is Maxxxine.
Mia Goth plays two characters across the three films which are set in different time periods.
Yesterday’s film is described as a slasher and there was quite a bit of that going on, as there was in the first instalment as well.
But I think it’s a bit more than that and an interesting and different take on the standard type of horror film.
We had to go early evening so didn’t take any grub in with us but had some celebratory takeaway fish and chips afterwards whilst following our brilliant win.
An enjoyable evening all round.
Love your culinary exploits as an aside to the films Bridgy!

Antony Moxey

Everything everywhere all at once. What an utter mish mash of a film. Unintelligible dialogue rattled through at 100mph made worse by constantly switching between English and Chinese (with unreadable subtitles), a Matrix-like plot that jumps all over the place making it impossible to follow and unlikeable characters that you have no affinity for.

I found myself scrolling through my phone about three quarters of an hour in then switching over shortly after that as the non-stop shrieking dialogue was becoming increasingly irritating. I have no idea what happened in the end - I have no idea what was happening while I was watching - what an absolute waste of time this was. One Chinese Laundry out of ten tax inspectors.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Pope's Exorcist. Russel Crowe riding around on a lovely Lambretta LI150. Not sure how he got from the Vatican to an abbey in Spain so quick though.

Banksy

The Pope's Exorcist. Russel Crowe riding around on a lovely Lambretta LI150. Not sure how he got from the Vatican to an abbey in Spain so quick though.
Had one of those , a lovely blue one , my trusty transport in the early sixties!