• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Watched The Northman 2022 , the other night. Not a bit like the old Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis Viking epic! Based on the legend of Amleth apparently , the film stars Alexander Skarsgård , Nicole Kidman, Anya Taylor-Joy ( of Queen’s Gambit fame ) Ethan Hawke, Björk and Willem Dafoe some of whom I had a job to recognise!
Enjoyed it in a funny sort of way , it certainly took its subject seriously . Seven runes out of ten long ships.

iscalad

Just watched Wonder Woman 84, as it has just arrived on Amazon prime.
For whatever reason I always feel let down by the DCU when compared to Marvel. This film was no exception. I thought it was a load of tosh. 2/10 for effort. I actually didn't mind the first film too much.

Antony Moxey

Top Gun Maverick. We know it’s all about the flying right? So let’s take it as a given that the story is ridiculous, the acting terrible and everything that doesn’t involve a plane complete nonsense.

So now that’s out of the way, let’s concentrate on what this film’s really all about: the absolute, fearless, edge of your seat, spectacular and jaw dropping flying sequences. There are many, they are relentless, and it’s just knackering watching them. Oh to do that for a living, surely being a fighter pilot has to be the coolest job in the world - forget acting, sports, music or founding an online shopping store or electric car company to be the richest guy on the planet, these guys are the true rock stars.

Absolute complete tosh, but I absolutely loved it. Ten countermeasures out of ten switches to guns.

Swanaldo

Scrooged. I'd never seen it and the gf was raving about it. Can't see what the fuss was about. Looks very dated 4/10

Mr Jinx

Haven't seen a 3D movie since the first one over ten years ago, and it was great to be fully immersed back into that world.

Similar kind of script and story to the first one. So if you loved that, you'll love this.

Some are saying it is too long at over 3 hours, but I have to say it didn't feel like it dragged. 9/10

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Perfect Friday the other night on Talking Pictures channel.

Stanley Baker is the under,under manager of a bank who is obviously not very happy with his job and the prospect of not moving further up the chain and comes up with a brilliant plan of robbing his own bank , Thing is he needs someone to help out in the form of Ursula Andress and David Warner.

The meticulous detail that Baker has in place for the perfect Friday when his Manager usually goes off early with sickness (to actually play golf) is brilliant until it all goes pear shaped, Then they trio have to wait once again for another Friday interspersed with the very naked Andress having an affair with Baker at every opportunity showing off her curves for the camera !

As there wasn't much on that evening I thought I would give it a go to see a non CGI film for a change and was rewarded with a funny film with quite a few other budding stars hidden in the backgrounds. 8/10 and would watch it again

Rosencrantz

I know I will get some stick for never having watched this before now but watched Chariots Of Fire this afternoon on the Beeb. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

angelic upstart

Scrooged. I'd never seen it and the gf was raving about it. Can't see what the fuss was about. Looks very dated 4/10
It's one of those "you love it when you're young, but if you watch it when you're older it's shit" films. I love it cos I first saw it when I was a pre-teen.

On topic, the Cannonball Run. An all time great.

ecfc70

Muppets Christmas Carol

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Menu (2022). A film to put you off ever visiting a posh restaurant! A number of guests travel to a restaurant on an island but there's more in store for them than great food. Ralph Fiennes and Anna Taylor-Joy amongst many were excellent. 8.5/10

Saw this film at the Cinema in the Arches at the Battersea Power Station. It has three small cinemas under the arches, and the seats reclined. No noise from the trains above! The screen had a curtain that opened for a trailer, closed and re-opened for the film. Proper stuff! :)