• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Move to Bridgwater. I’d never want to be anywhere else.
You’d love it. Provided you don’t mind there being an enormous nuclear power station just down the road.
The way fuel is going that might be an advantage in years to come!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's Not Cricket. On YouTube.
Basil Rathford and Naunton Wayne bit of nonsense.
Not quite Charters and Caldicott but very similar .
A few amusing moments. Worth an hour if you're into that sort of film.
The pair appeared in the 2021 Michael Sheen film, Last Train to Christmas. I'm not sure which film they took the scene from but it was excellently edited in, shame about the rest of the film though!

Banksy

The pair appeared in the 2021 Michael Sheen film, Last Train to Christmas. I'm not sure which film they took the scene from but it was excellently edited in, shame about the rest of the film though!
The Lady Vanishes or Night Train to Munich you’d think.See the film is coming to Sky Cinema on the 18th.

Bridgy 81

Change of plan today.
Which I’m sure you’ll all be interested in!
We gave our intended film Living with Bill Nighty a late swerve and went to see Bones and All instead.
A bit of a difference though as opposed to watching a veteran civil servant receiving a medical diagnosis that inspires him to live what’s left of his life to the full, we saw a romance between two teenage cannibals on a road trip around America eating people.
I know it sounds odd, but watch it if you get the chance, it’s better than it sounds.
The bonus was that it was in our local cinema’s VIP auditorium.
That’s just 12 seats, configured in 6 double reclining sofas.
As we were the only ones there we took a sofa each.
All that for a total of £11.20.
Result.
However we did, rather extravagantly, also splash out on some coffees but took our own scones and millionaire tarts.

Banksy

Change of plan today.
Which I’m sure you’ll all be interested in!
We gave our intended film Living with Bill Nighty a late swerve and went to see Bones and All instead.
A bit of a difference though as opposed to watching a veteran civil servant receiving a medical diagnosis that inspires him to live what’s left of his life to the full, we saw a romance between two teenage cannibals on a road trip around America eating people.
I know it sounds odd, but watch it if you get the chance, it’s better than it sounds.
The bonus was that it was in our local cinema’s VIP auditorium.
That’s just 12 seats, configured in 6 double reclining sofas.
As we were the only ones there we took a sofa each.
All that for a total of £11.20.
Result.
However we did, rather extravagantly, also splash out on some coffees but took our own scones and millionaire tarts.
A film about cannibals seems an odd place to be eating millionaire tarts. It’s a wonder you had any appetite for them!

Bridgy 81

A film about cannibals seems an odd place to be eating millionaire tarts. It’s a wonder you had any appetite for them!
We‘ve got strong constitutions here in Bridgwater.
Very little fazes us.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Avatar: The Way of the Water (2022). Definitely a James Cameron film! The visuals are excellent while the story line lacks depth. Some well known actors appear including Sigourney Weaver, though I hadn't spotted Kaye Winslet. 8/10.

We watched it in 3D and was worth viewing that way. If you intend to go and see it find a cinema with the biggest screen and catch the 3D version!

DB9

Avatar: The Way of the Water (2022). Definitely a James Cameron film! The visuals are excellent while the story line lacks depth. Some well known actors appear including Sigourney Weaver, though I hadn't spotted Kaye Winslet. 8/10.

We watched it in 3D and was worth viewing that way. If you intend to go and see it find a cinema with the biggest screen and catch the 3D version!
And in a recent interview Cameron has said the 3rd film in this series has already been made so not having to wait so long.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
And in a recent interview Cameron has said the 3rd film in this series has already been made so not having to wait so long.
The ending definitely felt like on to part 3!

Banksy

Sometimes they make them back to back like that. B Westerns were sometimes made like that when they were a more popular genre. When you think about it , it saves a lot of dosh.Lord of the rings trilogy is another example.

Reactions: DB9