• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Watched Tombstone yet again last night as my brother in law whose staying with us hadn’t seen it. My , Val Kilmer plays Doc Holliday well.

Last edited:

DB9

Where Hands Touch. Interesting film about how a mixed race German girl lived and survived in Nazi Germany during the Second World War, Born of a German Mother and African Father it showed the obvious hate towards her by the authorities and what seemed like and enevitable end, Was a bit slow at times but good acting by the main characters. Based of historical facts, There were apparently up to 25k mixed race Germans living there at that time. Solid 7/10.

Antony Moxey

The Batman. This time it’s Cedric Diggery’s turn in the title role for its umpteenth remake, however this version is probably the best so far. It’s certainly the darkest, with the main villain, The Riddler, particularly sadistic. It’s as if the writers watched Silence of the Lambs and Saw before committing pen to paper.

Onto the story. Well the corrupt in officialdom are bought to book by The Riddler, with a neat twist to the Wayne family line thrown in for good measure. If there’s one criticism it would be that it’s too long at a smidge under three hours, but other than that it’s sufficiently dark, dirty and brutal to steer it well clear of previously cartoon efforts, and more in keeping with the recent, and also excellent, Joker movie.

Nine lives out of ten Batmobiles

iscalad

The Cheap Detective. Peter Falk and various American comedy actors
If you've seen Casablanca, Maltese Falcon and various other Humphrey Bogsrt films of the 40s, then it's quite funny 7/10.
If you haven't seen those films then you won't get the jokes.

CC

Tenet - watched it on an overnight flight so it was always going to be diffiicult but I was disappointed. I'm sure there is a good film in there somewhere but there was a lot going on and it was tough to follow. Stunts and action were good with the mixture of backward and forward things happening; Christopher Nolan has a hell of an imagination after this and Inception among others, but maybe I'm not bright enough to follow it, at least definitely not when I'm dead tired. 6/10.

Bridgy 81

We go to the cinema frequently and it’s only a 20 minute walk from where we live.
We had a fantastic one here (Scott Cinemas who operate some in Devon as well) which has recently closed but fortunately the same company now run the new 7 screener that’s been built close to the old one.
We go most weeks on Tuesday or Wednesday using the Meerkat Movies buy one get one free deal.
We prefer going at lunchtimes as it’s quieter.
In the new cinema the ‘luxury’ screens are a tenner and that’s a reclining double sofa, which for us works out at a fiver each. There’s even a table for the packed lunch we take!
Standard screens are about 7 quid i.e. £3.50 each.
This week we went twice (taking advantage of cheap Monday prices, £4.50 each).
We saw Violent Night, a dark comedy, where Santa kills numerous people. Good fun, but not one for the kids.
Unusually for us this was a late afternoon screening but it had the benefit of a Spoons meal and a pint on the walk home.
Then yesterday we saw The Infernal Machine. A thriller type thing with Guy Pearce in the lead role.
Enjoyable and interesting but with a slightly unsatisfactory ending we thought.
We’re going again next week to see Living with Bill Nighty. We’ll take sandwiches again and maybe a minced pie.
How could anyone not love Bridgwater?

Banksy

Tenet - watched it on an overnight flight so it was always going to be diffiicult but I was disappointed. I'm sure there is a good film in there somewhere but there was a lot going on and it was tough to follow. Stunts and action were good with the mixture of backward and forward things happening; Christopher Nolan has a hell of an imagination after this and Inception among others, but maybe I'm not bright enough to follow it, at least definitely not when I'm dead tired. 6/10.
Didn’t go much on that one either and I usually lap up sci-fi films.Then again I didn’t understand / like Inception when I first saw it either. Second time round it made a bit more sense.

Banksy

We go to the cinema frequently and it’s only a 20 minute walk from where we live.
We had a fantastic one here (Scott Cinemas who operate some in Devon as well) which has recently closed but fortunately the same company now run the new 7 screener that’s been built close to the old one.
We go most weeks on Tuesday or Wednesday using the Meerkat Movies buy one get one free deal.
We prefer going at lunchtimes as it’s quieter.
In the new cinema the ‘luxury’ screens are a tenner and that’s a reclining double sofa, which for us works out at a fiver each. There’s even a table for the packed lunch we take!
Standard screens are about 7 quid i.e. £3.50 each.
This week we went twice (taking advantage of cheap Monday prices, £4.50 each).
We saw Violent Night, a dark comedy, where Santa kills numerous people. Good fun, but not one for the kids.
Unusually for us this was a late afternoon screening but it had the benefit of a Spoons meal and a pint on the walk home.
Then yesterday we saw The Infernal Machine. A thriller type thing with Guy Pearce in the lead role.
Enjoyable and interesting but with a slightly unsatisfactory ending we thought.
We’re going again next week to see Living with Bill Nighty. We’ll take sandwiches again and maybe a minced pie.
How could anyone not love Bridgwater?
My that’s cheap , Ashford double that. I can see the cinemas round here going to the wall.

Mr Jinx

I think you either love or hate Nolan's stuff.

I fall into the latter camp. I even hated Dunkirk.

Bridgy 81

My that’s cheap , Ashford double that. I can see the cinemas round here going to the wall.
Move to Bridgwater. I’d never want to be anywhere else.
You’d love it. Provided you don’t mind there being an enormous nuclear power station just down the road.