• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes , was he shot at the end reaching out for a bird or something? Very anti war stuff. That was a horrible , horrible war , leading directly to another horrible one.
It led to another war because it was concluded by a terrible agreement that led to Germany to suffer and it built resentment and gave rise to Hitler, At least at the end of WW2 both Japan and Germany we helped to rebuild instead of letting the lie in the ruins because it would of happened again if the allies left them to rot.

Back to the film, The 1930's version still stands as an outstanding piece of cinemaphotography and film making of its time and carries a very important anti war message too, Pity the leaders of that time didn't heed it.

Banksy

It led to another war because it was concluded by a terrible agreement that led to Germany to suffer and it built resentment and gave rise to Hitler, At least at the end of WW2 both Japan and Germany we helped to rebuild instead of letting the lie in the ruins because it would of happened again if the allies left them to rot.

Back to the film, The 1930's version still stands as an outstanding piece of cinemaphotography and film making of its time and carries a very important anti war message too, Pity the leaders of that time didn't heed it.
Indeed , at school our GCE syllabus for some reason stopped at the end of the Great War.Studying it as an adult it seemed daft not to have linked it with WW2 given the Versailles Treaty that directly followed it and the rise of the monster Hitler related to that and the discontent because of it. Sad , you’d think the world would have learned from it but I guess not.

iscalad

Steel Bayonet. British WW11 actioner. Gritty drama well worth a watch 7/10

Banksy

Turner and Hooch 1989 buddy cop comedy starring Tom Hanks and dawg.Haven’t seen it since the nineties. Held up well , my doesn’t Tom look young.8/10

iscalad

England Holmes 2. All good fun with a serious background story. 8/10

Banksy

England Holmes 2. All good fun with a serious background story. 8/10
You had me with the title of that one for a minute , thought it was a football score.

iscalad

You had me with the title of that one for a minute , thought it was a football score.
FFS. Me not checking the autocorrect🥶
Next they'll be saying we dropped an atomic bomb.
Enola Holmes 2

Banksy

Hitchcock’s Foreign Correspondent 1940. Joel McCrea , George Sanders and a nineteen year old leading lady , Laraine Day.American reporter based in Britain tries to expose enemy spies involved in a continent-wide conspiracy in the prelude to World War II. Wouldn’t be my favourite Hitchcock but seven out of ten .

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Sheepman (1958).

Action western with comedy moments. Glenn Ford stirs things up on arrival at a western town in cattle country, when people learn that he's brought a flock of sheep. Shirley Maclaine is his romantic interest. An early role here for Leslie Nielsen as a villain. Bonanza's Pernell Roberts is an even nastier one. Not a classic, but a watchable 6/10.

Banksy

The Sheepman (1958).

Action western with comedy moments. Glenn Ford stirs things up on arrival at a western town in cattle country, when people learn that he's brought a flock of sheep. Shirley Maclaine is his romantic interest. An early role here for Leslie Nielsen as a villain. Bonanza's Pernell Roberts is an even nastier one. Not a classic, but a watchable 6/10.
Good stuff ! After seeing his later spoofs Nielsen didn’t seem quite right in that role but of course it was much earlier in his career.

Last edited: