• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Masses of 40s and 50s films on YouTube. Quite often dip into them.
Went the Day Well is an excellent film.
I saw Went The Day Well a while back, I forget on which channel it was shown. Thora Hird with a machine gun, what's not to like. Seriously a really good film.

Antony Moxey

Morbius. Really can’t see why this was panned so heavily. Jared Leto - OK, not everyone’s cup of tea maybe, but he plays the role well - in the title role, with a surprisingly bad-ass Matt Smith and completely miscast Tyrese Gibson and Megan Marble’s twin sister overcome a debilitating blood disease thanks to bat DNA.

Fortunately this is Marvel so instead of Covid we get vampires, which makes for a much better story. Anyways, it hustles along at a decent pace with decent action and a promise of more to come with both Spiderman and X-Men tie-ins as well as obvious nods to Batman, Blade and Lost Boys. My only real complaint is much of the film is set at night - vampires, eh? Which makes it difficult sometimes to see what’s happening.

I liked it. 8 O negatives out of ten miraculous serums.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Good Nurse 2022 Starring Jessica Chastain and Eddie Redmayne as two nurses, one who suspects the other of being responsible for a series of patient deaths. Charles Cullen was eventually convicted of twenty nine murders and serving eighteen life sentences. He is suspected of being involved in up to four hundred murders.And that’s not giving away the plot , it’s well documented!
Well acted by the two leading actors with Redmayne very convincing as the disturbed Cullen. 10/10
Watched that last night. A truly awful real life story. Well presented, 8/10.

iscalad

Next of Kin. Found on YouTube. WW11 propaganda film about careless talk costing lives. Not a bad film. 7/10. End credits were interesting to see who were in the forces when the film was made.

Rosencrantz

Has anyone ever watched Appointment In London? A WW2 film from 1953 about a pilot in Bomber Command starring Dirk Bogarde. I heard about it whilst listening to one of my favourite WW2 podcasts, We Have Ways of Making You Talk with Al Murray and James Holland. They were doing a quick review of SAS: Rogue Warriors and this came up in conversation about decent war films of a period.

Just saying as it happens to be on Talking Pictures tomorrow night at 2105 hours so have sky plussed it.

Banksy

Has anyone ever watched Appointment In London? A WW2 film from 1953 about a pilot in Bomber Command starring Dirk Bogarde. I heard about it whilst listening to one of my favourite WW2 podcasts, We Have Ways of Making You Talk with Al Murray and James Holland. They were doing a quick review of SAS: Rogue Warriors and this came up in conversation about decent war films of a period.

Just saying as it happens to be on Talking Pictures tomorrow night at 2105 hours so have sky plussed it.
I saw it a fair few years back , from memory it was standard stuff , o.k but not outstanding. As a lover of older war films the fact I can’t remember much about it speaks volumes!

Mr Jinx

All Quiet on the Western Front. Netflix.

Finally watched it all. Some are saying it's the best war film ever. I wouldn't go that far. Worth a watch if you can stomach it.

7.5/10.

Banksy

All Quiet on the Western Front. Netflix.

Finally watched it all. Some are saying it's the best war film ever. I wouldn't go that far. Worth a watch if you can stomach it.

7.5/10.
Yes , the original anti war film depressed me at the time I watched it so I’ve kept away from this remake for the same reason. It all happened sadly so we can’t bury our heads in the sand about it but sometimes you need just a bit of cheering up which this one won’t do for me at the moment….…

DB9

Yes , the original anti war film depressed me at the time I watched it so I’ve kept away from this remake for the same reason. It all happened sadly so we can’t bury our heads in the sand about it but sometimes you need just a bit of cheering up which this one won’t do for me at the moment….…
Didn't Richard Thomas (John Boy in The Waltons) play the lead role in the late 70's/early 80's remake?

Banksy

Didn't Richard Thomas (John Boy in The Waltons) play the lead role in the late 70's/early 80's remake?
Yes , was he shot at the end reaching out for a bird or something? Very anti war stuff. That was a horrible , horrible war , leading directly to another horrible one.