• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dr Srange in the Multiverse of Madness. Properly bonkers film that jumps all over the place, literally as the Scarlet Witch tries to find a girl that can jump between universes with the Doc in hot pursuit trying to stop her.

As with the last Spiderman we’re treated to a couple of whopping surprises, and in this one the whole MCU is bought together - something I’m not sure anyone was ever expecting. We’re also treated to another wow moment with the end credit scene, but in between all that we’re also left with a lot of head scratching, including the biggest Marvel dilemma of all: when the big events happen, why don’t the others turn up to help, and the other dilemma: when you have near infinite god-like powers why aren’t you using them to their full strength straight from the off, and how do you deal with someone with such power.

Anyways, whatevs, the Marvel bandwagon rolls on with the last two efforts returning to form after a Covid wobble. Wonder what’s next? Eight clever capes out of ten red eyes.

iscalad

Dr Srange in the Multiverse of Madness. Properly bonkers film that jumps all over the place, literally as the Scarlet Witch tries to find a girl that can jump between universes with the Doc in hot pursuit trying to stop her.

As with the last Spiderman we’re treated to a couple of whopping surprises, and in this one the whole MCU is bought together - something I’m not sure anyone was ever expecting. We’re also treated to another wow moment with the end credit scene, but in between all that we’re also left with a lot of head scratching, including the biggest Marvel dilemma of all: when the big events happen, why don’t the others turn up to help, and the other dilemma: when you have near infinite god-like powers why aren’t you using them to their full strength straight from the off, and how do you deal with someone with such power.

Anyways, whatevs, the Marvel bandwagon rolls on with the last two efforts returning to form after a Covid wobble. Wonder what’s next? Eight clever capes out of ten red eyes.
Yep, watched it Wednesday night. Amazing stuff. Roll on Thor and The Guardians movies.

Red & White

A hologram for the king - I stumbled across this lesser known Tom Hanks film as a suggested free with ads film on Prime. Pure escapism in this semi comedic/look at life films.

Worth a watch if you've a couple of hours spare. 8/10

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Elvis. Not a biopic like the recent Elton John and Freddie Mercury films. This looked at the role of Colonel Tom Parker, played by Tom Hanks. Elvis was well played by Austin Butlin. I would have liked to have known more about Elvis and heard more of his song, but that wasn't this film. I think this might be the first film that I've actively disliked a Tom Hanks character! Leaves you with a few whatifs (e.g. would Elvis have made it without the Colonel, and how much bigger would he have been if allowed to tour the world). 8/10.

DB9

Belfast: Kenneth Branagh's semi-autobiographical film about life in Belfast as the troubles started in 1969, Wonderful film, Great acting, Especially the lad who played the child, Filming it in B/W really brought something to the film. Oh the actress who played the mother, She was just beautiful. 10/10

Banksy

Belfast: Kenneth Branagh's semi-autobiographical film about life in Belfast as the troubles started in 1969, Wonderful film, Great acting, Especially the lad who played the child, Filming it in B/W really brought something to the film. Oh the actress who played the mother, She was just beautiful. 10/10
Catriona Balfe ?

DB9

Catriona Balfe ?
Yep, That's her 😍

iscalad

Catriona Balfe ?
Her from Outlander.

Banksy

The Contractor 2022.Chris Pine as Special Forces Sergeant who is involuntarily discharged from the Army and cut-off from his pension. In debt and desperate to provide for his family he contracts with a private underground military force.The very first mission goes wrong and he’s hunted and on the run and caught in a dangerous conspiracy.Rather implausible ending but plenty of action and good for a one off watch and evening’s entertainment , good acting from Pine but you probably won’t revisit it . So , 7/10 for effort.

Banksy

Blacklight 2022 , typical conspiracy thriller featuring Liam Neeson in action mode, Neeson works for the FBI and clears up the messes other agents get into. Trouble is the undercover section he works for is corrupt and bumping off people it shouldn’t.Then they take his family and it all hits the fan. Well something like that anyway , as I say typical Neeson but entertaining enough in its own way.Don’t ask me why it’s called Blacklight…… 7/10 again for entertainment value , but another film you’ll only need to watch once in this life.