• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Impossible. Unbelievably tense drama falling a family split up when the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami hit in SE Asia. Ewan McGregor as ever plays a nob as the idiot father of a family of three, and a very young Spider-Man is superb as the eldest son. Gist being tsunami hits, family in different parts of same resort washed inland somewhere and try to find each other from different temporary, and chaotic, medical centres.

The tension is utterly relentless and you find yourself anguishing at the screen as circumstances conspire to keep them all apart - so near but so far - but in the end it‘s…

…something you’ll need to see for yourself to find out! Superb drama, I was exhausted by the time the final credits came up. Nine waves out of ten luxury holiday resorts.

DB9

The Impossible. Unbelievably tense drama falling a family split up when the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami hit in SE Asia. Ewan McGregor as ever plays a nob as the idiot father of a family of three, and a very young Spider-Man is superb as the eldest son. Gist being tsunami hits, family in different parts of same resort washed inland somewhere and try to find each other from different temporary, and chaotic, medical centres.

The tension is utterly relentless and you find yourself anguishing at the screen as circumstances conspire to keep them all apart - so near but so far - but in the end it‘s…

…something you’ll need to see for yourself to find out! Superb drama, I was exhausted by the time the final credits came up. Nine waves out of ten luxury holiday resorts.
With you getting Covid Ant, Was watching films/TV/Box Sets etc a way of getting through it and being stuck at home?

Antony Moxey

No, not really. Didn’t have the attention span really. Not sure why. Built a lego dragster though!

DB9

No, not really. Didn’t have the attention span really. Not sure why. Built a lego dragster though!
Ah well, Lego keeps the mind active. 👍

Mr Jinx

Would've been a great film if it weren't for the wooden and simply awful Ewan McGregor.

Reactions: DB9

Antony Moxey

Agreed. I’m increasingly finding him to be dreadful and spoiling every film he’s in. The only exception to that were the Star Wars films, but given they had Natalie Portman in them even Ewan McGregor would struggle to out-wooden her.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Antony Moxey

Archive. A scientist delves into AI in the hope of reconnecting with his dead wife. Typical, although why wouldn’t it be if he’s looking to bring back his wife, that the robot he creates is a fit looking woman, but a real trick was missed here.

He builds a number of iterations, with the next one more advanced and less robotic than the previous one. The interesting thing is though that he keeps the previous iterations going with eventually iteration number two becoming jealous of the final iteration number three, and number three becoming concerned that she too might eventually be replaced. But these are explored only too briefly, and it’s more about the scientist.

Which is a real shame as it would have made for a much better film and less of the usual stereotypical fare we usually see in AI sci fI. Ex-Machina does it infinitely better. Six secret hideaways out of ten memory implants.

Avening Posse

American Beauty. Not watched it for 20 years until tonight, but definitely passes the test of time. 10/10

Banksy

The Taking of Pelham 123 (1974) , the original , and I think superior version ,with Walter Matthau and Robert Shaw trying to outthink each other after the heist of a subway train and passengers. A product of its era , no pc here!

Banksy

The Illusionist 2006.Edward Norton , Jessica Biel , Rufus Sewell.A magician outwits the Austrian Crown Prince who is set on destroying him. I revisited this one after last watching it a dozen years ago and still enjoyed it immensely even though I remembered most of the plot.I liked the way they showed how the Crown Prince ( Sewell) was conned into thinking he’d committed the murder at the end. Very satisfying ending. 10/10