• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Foreigner.

Jackie Chan plays the aging owner of a Chinese restaurant in London. His daughter is killed by an "Authentic IRA" bomb and he seeks revenge.

As a film it all started ok but then descended into silliness once we discovered than Chan was in the special forces during 'Nam and knows a trick or two about blowing stuff up and sneaking about and he turns into John Rambo. At the start of the film he walks hunched over with a limp and half an hour later he's doing roundhouses.

It was a film that needed no mental input from the viewer but was watchable. 4/10.

elginCity

Pele

Netflix docu, plenty of footage I'd never seen before, highlighting the pressures on the great man since the age of 16. Focuses on the football, but also touches on his being used as a pawn by the Brazilian dictator. Only vague childhood memories of the '70 WC, hadn't realised the Brazilians had been so feckin dire in the early stages before turning it all around in quite spectacular fashion, the rest as they say is history.

Very humble is Pele, and very emotional he is throughout. Enjoyed it. 7/10.

Oldsmobile-88

Pele

Netflix docu, plenty of footage I'd never seen before, highlighting the pressures on the great man since the age of 16. Focuses on the football, but also touches on his being used as a pawn by the Brazilian dictator. Only vague childhood memories of the '70 WC, hadn't realised the Brazilians had been so feckin dire in the early stages before turning it all around in quite spectacular fashion, the rest as they say is history.

Very humble is Pele, and very emotional he is throughout. Enjoyed it. 7/10.
Looks good,I will check that out.

I remember the Brazil v England game in the group stage(it was on a Sunday iirc) I was aged 9 at the time..It’s generally acknowledged that England were the better team that day & had numerous chances.Jeff Astle missing the best.
I remember the final,by then the Brazilians were at their brilliant best.

Pele played at Home Park when Santos did a European Tour in 1973/74.
A couple of my friends went down to that one.40,000 there that evening.
With hindsight I wish I had gone,just to say I had seen the maestro play in the flesh.

Mr Jinx

hadn't realised the Brazilians had been so feckin dire in the early stages
...but still managed to beat England, natch.

Oldsmobile-88

El Canimo : A Breaking Bad Movie(2018)-Netflix

The film ties up the loose ends from the great Breading Bad series.The film was made 5 years after the end of the series,a master stroke by the writer/director of the series.Vincent Gillard.
Aaron Paul(Jesse) & Jesse Plemons as the slightly disturbing Todd are great scenes.

Robert Forster who played the Vacuum Service man who did a side line in arranging new identities for $125k in the series & film died on the day of its release in October 2019.

You need to watch the Breaking Bad series to enjoy the film.

9.5/10

Mr Jinx

Greenland

End of the world apocalyptic type of thing starring Gerard Butler and hottie ex wife. A comet heading to earth turns out to be worse than at first thought, ending up as an extinction event. The lucky few get to stay in underground bunkers in Greenland. The difficulty lies in getting there. Bringeth the hour, bringeth the Gerard. Mildly entertaining guff.

6/10

Mr Jinx

Breaking News in Yuba County

A dark comedy crime caper starring Allison Janney. On paper this looked to be a cracker, but it fell quite short imho. Probably worth a watch....just.

6/10

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Mulan (2020). This was so much better than the animated version that we watched when the children were young. This one is much more in-line with the Chinese story/myth. Well worth the watch, 8/10.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Cleopatra (1963). A four hour epic! It was a lot shorter when released in the cinema and it really did need cutting! Elizabeth Taylor at her best and of course we know know her affair with Richard Burton started on set. Tedious is a most apt description I'm sad to say. 6/10

Grecian2K

Cleopatra (1963). A four hour epic! It was a lot shorter when released in the cinema and it really did need cutting! Elizabeth Taylor at her best and of course we know know her affair with Richard Burton started on set. Tedious is a most apt description I'm sad to say. 6/10
Agreed. Carry On Cleo was far superior! 11/10