• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Hunt. Bizarre gore fest about a bunch of people carted off to some remote backwater to be hunted by rich people. Not sure if it was supposed to be some ironic comedy or not it didn’t really work for me. Far too much swearing - every other word was an ‘f’, and heightened southern drawl accents everywhere, it was far too yee-haw to be taken seriously.

I can guarantee I won’t watch it again, nor would I recommend it, however I’ve seen much, much worse. 4 assault rifles out of ten gallons of blood.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Astronaut , Richard Dreyfuss plays a widowed ex road inspector who just as he is going to live in a retirement home and with the help of his grandson enters a contest for flight into space even though he is over the permitted age limit he gets down to the final round of contestants when he has a TIA and looks very unlikely he will make the final round.
Certainly a film I wouldn't normally watch but well worth it in the end for a bit of a feel good factor 8.5/10

Antony Moxey

Fantasy Island. Strange film version of the popular former prime time TV show. As with similar remakes - I’m thinking Chips and Baywatch, although not nearly so bad - it was bizarre hearing so much effing and jeffing throughout, and seeing that much violence too. I don’t mind it usually, but in a big screen version of what was essentially family viewing it was all a bit unnecessary.

Anyways, the plot: Michael Pena is Ricardo Montalban marooned on an island that has magical powers to make fantasies come true (he‘s marooned because it’s the only way he can keep his own fantasy running), however when a seemingly unconnected group arrive, their fantasies don’t entirely play out as they thought they would. Hey ho. Not as good as it could have been, but not as bad as you might think. Five planes out of ten non-midgets.

dontpassback

Good bad and ugly,classic spaghetti western with a very good ending

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Magnificent Seven (1960). Plenty of stars: Yul Brynor, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, and James Coburn. The Seven Samurai turned in to an American film, but with a Mexican village being terrorised by bandits, and needing some gunmen to help them. God quality stuff, and still looks good after 60 years. 8/10.

DB9

The Magnificent Seven (1960). Plenty of stars: Yul Brynor, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, and James Coburn. The Seven Samurai turned in to an American film, but with a Mexican village being terrorised by bandits, and needing some gunmen to help them. God quality stuff, and still looks good after 60 years. 8/10.
Have to admit that is one hell of a line up. Great film too. 👍

Oldsmobile-88

The Dam Busters(1955) for the umpteenth time.

I love the film I first saw with my dad at the ABC when I was 9 in 1970.
I still feel sad when Guy Gibson’s dog is killed(his name is edited out now,but it makes no difference to me) I had a few tears when I first saw the film(I’m still a big softy for animals)
It is so well filmed & being in Black & White Just adds to the production.

The last scene where Guy Gibson played by Richard Todd walks off into the distance after talking to Barnes Wallis(Michael Redgrave) to write some letters to the families of the crews who did not return is something else.

10/10

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster

I still feel sad when Guy Gibson’s dog is killed(his name is edited out now,but it makes no difference to me) I had a few tears when I first saw the film(I’m still a big softy for animals)

The last scene where Guy Gibson played by Richard Todd walks off into the distance after talking to Barnes Wallis(Michael Redgrave) to write some letters to the families of the crews who did not return is something else.

10/10
The raid was a success, but we paid a heavy price. 8 planes lost out of 19. I think.

I thought Michael Redgrave was superb as Barnes Wallis.

Antony Moxey

Looper. As with all time travel films it succeeds only in travelling up its own arse with overly complicated scenarios and explanations. Anyway, Bruce Willis is sent back in time to be killed by his younger hit man self but escapes to look for the person who organised the hit. Yeah, I know, especially with many flash backs and flash forwards confusing things instead of clearing them up. 5 blunderbuses out of ten cornfields.

Rosencrantz

10/10
Always a favourite to watch with my late Grandad.