• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Last of the Mohicans (1992). The wife thought this was a good film to try out the big TV and the sound bar, though to be honest I think she wanted to have an ogle at Daniel Day-Lewis! Still a good film. 8/10.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Last of the Mohicans (1992). The wife thought this was a good film to try out the big TV and the sound bar, though to be honest I think she wanted to have an ogle at Daniel Day-Lewis! Still a good film. 8/10.
An excellent one I would have thought the music alone plus of course the scenery would look and sound good on that sort of system.When I think I paid the Earth for a new fangled 37 inch that weighed a ton sixteen years ago and now I have a wafer thin 50 inch ( bought for relative peanuts) ,screwed to the wall , I wonder how far technology will eventually go in that direction.Don’t think my sound bar was ever as good as the proper surround system I had then though.
The film ? I’d give it that out of ten too , very entertaining.

Antony Moxey

A beautiful day in the neighbourhood. Tom Hanks plays a children’s TV presenter who’s both squeaky clean yet surprisingly unnerving. Have no idea what happened, I lasted barely half an hour before switching off through boredom. It might get better, but who cares, it’s not worth investing the time to find out. One Tom out of ten hand puppets.

iscalad

A beautiful day in the neighbourhood. Tom Hanks plays a children’s TV presenter who’s both squeaky clean yet surprisingly unnerving. Have no idea what happened, I lasted barely half an hour before switching off through boredom. It might get better, but who cares, it’s not worth investing the time to find out. One Tom out of ten hand puppets.
I suspect the film is too American for overseas audiences.

DB9

All about opinions Ant, I Watched it and loved it.

Mr Jinx

I suspect the film is too American for overseas audiences.
Yes, those were my thoughts. I watched it and had no idea who he was much to my North American wife's amusement. Mind you it wasn't her type of film (more mine) as so it kind of fell between the cracks chez Jinx.

Banksy

The Counterfeit Traitor 1962. William Holden , Hugh Griffith and the beautiful Lilli Palmer.
American-born Swedish oil man ( Holden) is pressured by Allied intelligence agents, led by a British agent (Griffith), to spy for the Allies in WW2 .Based on a true story.Excellent film full of twists and turns and intrigue well acted by Holden and Palmer. 8/10

Antony Moxey

Mortal. Set in Norway a man finds he has uncontrollable supernatural powers. With the help of a psychologist and the local police chief he finds out who he is and why he has such powers. Doesn’t sound like much but I enjoyed it, especially the quite superb cinematography. And, for once, it wasn’t hours and hours long, barely registering 100 minutes. Worth a watch - eight runes out of ten fjords.

LOG

ID. Reece Dinsdale is an undercover copper who infiltrates the murky world of the fearsome Shadwell Town hoolies. Over time, and very predictably, the lifestyle takes over and he gradually becomes one of them.

I don’t know if I’m thinking of a different film, but I don’t remember it being as bad as it is. All very cliched with lots of conversations that would never happen and yet another film incapable of pulling off a convincing crowd scene. Then it just kind of ends.

2/10.

DB9

The Exception. Film about Kaiser Wilhelm, The last German Emperor who was exiled in the Netherlands after his abdication. The film's plot is about Germany finding out while they're invading the Benilux countries a possible assassination plot against him so Berlin send a German division to guard him from any threat. The officer in charge of looking after him is frowned upon by the SS in Berlin for kicking two shites out of their officer while in Poland after the SS officer ordered a massacre of civilians. Not a bad film, Quite watchable with Christopher Plummer as the Kaiser and Lilly James as a British spy posing as a servant. Bonus was seeing Ms James in the buff, for that alone well worth a watch! 7/10