• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Weren't we dirty old men slobbering over Ms Christie a few months back? ;)
Probably 😀

Alistair20000

Weren't we dirty old men slobbering over Ms Christie a few months back? ;)
Yes

Mr Jinx

Dr Zhivago (1965). Such an excellent film, no idea why I've never seen it before. Alex Guinness is the narrator, and plenty of other well known actors such as Omar Sheriff and Tom Courtenay. Based on Boris Pasternak book, and beautifully film by David Lean. The film tells the story of a Russian physician and poet who, although married to another, falls in love with a political activist's wife and experiences hardship during World War I and then the October Revolution. 9/10.
A David Lean film, probably the best Director ever. Over notable films of his: Bridge over the River Kwai & Lawrence of Arabia.

Colesman Ballz

You can add A Passage to India, Brief Encounter, Ryan's Daughter etc to the list.

Alistair20000

Dr Zhivago (1965). Such an excellent film, no idea why I've never seen it before. Alex Guinness is the narrator, and plenty of other well known actors such as Omar Sheriff and Tom Courtenay. Based on Boris Pasternak book, and beautifully film by David Lean. The film tells the story of a Russian physician and poet who, although married to another, falls in love with a political activist's wife and experiences hardship during World War I and then the October Revolution. 9/10.
Surprised you have not seen it before Hants.

I love this film despite finding it difficult to believe that Zhivago and Lara would keep bumping into each other in the vast wastes of Russia.

Also hard to dislike Zhivago despite being a rotter who ratted on his wife.

Banksy

I love this film despite finding it difficult to believe that Zhivago and Lara would keep bumping into each other in the vast wastes of Russia.

An interesting slant on that.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Passengers (2016).

People in suspended animation are transported through space. Switched on part way through, and continued watching in order to gaze longingly at Jennifer Lawrence.

Mr Jinx

On the back of all this, I have downloaded it on Sky+, ready for tonight.

Alistair20000

On the back of all this, I have downloaded it on Sky+, ready for tonight.
Hope you enjoy it matey. (y)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A David Lean film, probably the best Director ever. Over notable films of his: Bridge over the River Kwai & Lawrence of Arabia.
I think a David Lean season would be in order in this household. We have done those two films this year.