• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Long Arm (1956).

Scotland Yard man Jack Hawkins investigates a series of safe robberies, gradually getting nearer and nearer to the solution. Packed with familiar faces, and therefore plenty of opportunities to say "Where have you seen him before?" to irritate anyone watching it with you. This film has always been a favourite of mine. 9 out of 10 for that reason.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pale Rider (1985) Clint Eastwood ~ Michael Moriarty ~ Carrie Snodgress

Yet another viewing of a film that is claimed to follow very much in the footsteps on Alan Ladd's Shane 8.5/10

Similar to Roger Moore, ol' Clint tends to shut his eyes as he pulls the trigger :)

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pale Rider (1985) Clint Eastwood ~ Michael Moriarty ~ Carrie Snodgress

Yet another viewing of a film that is claimed to follow very much in the footsteps on Alan Ladd's Shane 8.5/10

Similar to Roger Moore, ol' Clint tends to shut his eyes as he pulls the trigger :)
Many parallels with Shane in that one.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Dr Zhivago (1965). Such an excellent film, no idea why I've never seen it before. Alex Guinness is the narrator, and plenty of other well known actors such as Omar Sheriff and Tom Courtenay. Based on Boris Pasternak book, and beautifully film by David Lean. The film tells the story of a Russian physician and poet who, although married to another, falls in love with a political activist's wife and experiences hardship during World War I and then the October Revolution. 9/10.

DB9

Dr Zhivago (1965). Such an excellent film, no idea why I've never seen it before. Alex Guinness is the narrator, and plenty of other well known actors such as Omar Sheriff and Tom Courtenay. Based on Boris Pasternak book, and beautifully film by David Lean. The film tells the story of a Russian physician and poet who, although married to another, falls in love with a political activist's wife and experiences hardship during World War I and then the October Revolution. 9/10.
Never seen it myself, But everyone (Of a certain age) knows the name. Bit like Gone With The Wind for me, Never saw it until it was on TV during the early days of the lockdown and really enjoyed it. Note to self: Give Dr Zhivago a go.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Never seen it myself, But everyone (Of a certain age) knows the name. Bit like Gone With The Wind for me, Never saw it until it was on TV during the early days of the lockdown and really enjoyed it. Note to self: Give Dr Zhivago a go.
We found it on BBC's iPlayer. It's 3 hours long though!

DB9

We found it on BBC's iPlayer. It's 3 hours long though!
Well since I'm on furlough still and Gone With The Wind is a bit longer, I'll give it a go without interruption from the good lady (Another story that!)

Banksy

Wonderful film , saw it a couple of times on the big screen , the last at the Exeter Odeon about twenty years ago.Also have it on blu-Ray which particularly enhances the ice palace scenes.

iscalad

Julie Christie ❤❤❤

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Julie Christie ❤❤❤
Weren't we dirty old men slobbering over Ms Christie a few months back? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: DB9