• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gemini Man 2019. Sci-fi . Will Smith and Clive Owen. Will Smith plays an over the hill hitman facing off against his own clone made by Clive Owen whose younger and faster and trying to kill him. Not a bad idea for a plot but maybe lacking just that little bit extra that would have made it a really good film.Plenty of action though. Six copies out of ten duplicates.

Banksy

The Professionals 1966.Western. What a cast.Burt Lancaster , Lee Marvin , Woody Strode , Robert Ryan , Jack Palance , Claudia Cardinal and Ralph Bellamy. Four men are hired by a rancher to rescue his wife who has been kidnapped by a nasty Mexican revolutionary.But there’s a twist......
Great action movie , catchy theme music , gets a ten from me.

Mr Jinx

The Outpost.

It's like a modern day Zulu, set in Afghanistan. Much more blood, guts and thunder mind you.

9/10

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
High Noon (1952). Classic western. Marshal Will Kane (Gary Cooper) has his wedding day ruined when he learns that outlaw Frank Miller has been pardoned. Miller, who has sworn to kill him, will arrive on the noon train to join the three members of his gang waiting at the railroad depot. For various reasons, nobody will help Kane, and he must face his enemies alone. Lots of familiar faces in the cast, e.g. Harry Morgan (Colonel Potter in Mash) and Thomas Mitchell (the drunken doctor in Stagecoach). Miller's gang includes Lee Van Cleef and Robert Wilke. The ubiquitous Jack Elam is a drunk sleeping it off in the jail. Cooper got the Best Actor Oscar for that year.

Antony Moxey

Ad Astra. Ridiculously plot holed story about an astronaut sent to find his father, who’s also an astronaut. I saw it described as Apocalypse Now in space, which if you mix in a bit of Sunshine pretty much sums it up. Try to put science to one side though, because it does take massive liberties but that notwithstanding I quite enjoyed it. Seven moon rovers out of ten rockets.

Banksy

Ad Astra. Ridiculously plot holed story about an astronaut sent to find his father, who’s also an astronaut. I saw it described as Apocalypse Now in space, which if you mix in a bit of Sunshine pretty much sums it up. Try to put science to one side though, because it does take massive liberties but that notwithstanding I quite enjoyed it. Seven moon rovers out of ten rockets.
Thanks for the review , I’ve got it recorded so will give it a try now.

Antony Moxey

Thanks for the review , I’ve got it recorded so will give it a try now.
It’s worth a watch but make sure you ignore the many WTF science moments, if you were really geeky about accuracy rather than simply story telling you’d be pulling your hair out. Anyways, enjoy and I look forward to seeing your comments.

Banksy

It’s worth a watch but make sure you ignore the many WTF science moments, if you were really geeky about accuracy rather than simply story telling you’d be pulling your hair out. Anyways, enjoy and I look forward to seeing your comments.
Thanks will let you know shortly.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Duchess (2008) Keira Knightley ~ Ralph Fiennes

Superb sets, locations and costumes. If I had a grouse it would be Knightley's monotone like voice with which she sounds almost disinterested with everything. 8.5/10

Banksy

Ad Astra 2019 . Brad Pitt, Tommy Lee Jones , Donald Sutherland.
I enjoyed it in a funny sort of way, good special effects , reasonable acting , a bit of action scattered here and there.Thought Brad Pitt did o.k and held the film together. You have to suspend belief a bit when you get to the space pirates on the Moon episode and just what did happen to the crew of that space ship that sent the SOS apart from one baboon wandering round ? A few loose ends throughout but that’s sci fi for you. Maybe the ending was just a little bit unsatisfying , sort of , ‘ I travelled all those millions of miles to Neptune for this? ‘ feeling .Maybe I’ve seen too many Star Trek movies.
There's a good film hidden in there somewhere, I think though .I’ll give it 7/10

Last edited: