• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
That was meant to be Zenda of course , bleddy predictive spelling .
Thought you were talking about The Terrorhawks! 🤣 Seriously though Grainger and Mason suited those roles and you can see the "Idol" in both of them.

Mr Jinx

Bad Education

Hugh Jackman and Alison Janney play heads of a Long Island secondary school where they both embezzle millions over many years. A brilliantly acted true story.

9/10

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Angel and the Badman (1947).

John Wayne is an outlaw who falls in love with a Quaker girl. The film also features Harry Carey, in one of his last roles. 6 or 7 out of 10.

Wayne's co-star, Gail Russell, became an alcoholic and died tragically young.

Banksy

In the Shadow of the Moon 2019. Sci-fi watched on Netflix.
Copycat murders are carried out every nine years throughout the lifetime of a police detective.
Interesting film involving time travel , spoilt by a very average ending. 6/10

Mr Jinx

Rocketman

Finally got around to watching this Elton John biopic. I'd been hearing how much better than Bohemian Rhapsody this was but I have to say imho I don't think it is. Like BR it's a bit muddled, rubbish in parts and the musical skits aren't really my bag. And that's a shame as Taron Egerton in my opinion is a great actor.

6/10

Alistair20000

Rocketman

Finally got around to watching this Elton John biopic. I'd been hearing how much better than Bohemian Rhapsody this was but I have to say imho I don't think it is. Like BR it's a bit muddled, rubbish in parts and the musical skits aren't really my bag. And that's a shame as Taron Egerton in my opinion is a great actor.

6/10
Agreed. It reduced me to near torpor. 4/10

Mr Jinx

Agreed. It reduced me to near torpor. 4/10
I wouldn't go that far - I'd say it was worth a watch. But I'm a bit of a stickler for detail, especially the chronological order of events. Bohemian Rhapsody muddled things around a bit I guess to tell a better story, and Rocketman was no different. It really sticks in my craw. It's a bit like when you see people in a film driving around London: one moment they're at Tower Bridge, the next Albert Bridge and then the Houses of Parliament. It just wouldn't happen that way and when I see that, I almost feel like turning it off. I guess that's why American films don't bug me as much; I'm none the wiser.

DB9

I wouldn't go that far - I'd say it was worth a watch. But I'm a bit of a stickler for detail, especially the chronological order of events. Bohemian Rhapsody muddled things around a bit I guess to tell a better story, and Rocketman was no different. It really sticks in my craw. It's a bit like when you see people in a film driving around London: one moment they're at Tower Bridge, the next Albert Bridge and then the Houses of Parliament. It just wouldn't happen that way and when I see that, I almost feel like turning it off. I guess that's why American films don't bug me as much; I'm none the wiser.
I'm not a fan of bio pics but the one I liked was Andy Serkis playing Ian Dury, No big Hollywood budget but a well made film.

Mr Jinx

I'm not a fan of bio pics but the one I liked was Andy Serkis playing Ian Dury, No big Hollywood budget but a well made film.
A great actor playing a great frontman and lyricist. It could not go wrong! Haven't seen it mind, and I probably should.

DB9

A great actor playing a great frontman and lyricist. It could not go wrong! Haven't seen it mind, and I probably should.
Worth a watch if you're at a loose end Jinxy, Not the nicest of blokes mind