• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
^^^^
Plus Stephen Graham.....He is everywhere these days.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Parasite. Not sure I have seen anything quite like it. Kept me interested all the way through, and a very quirky story about a family on the breadline who can best be described as the ultimate chancers in Korea. Lot's of strange twists and turns and highly entertaining. Not sure I will watch it again but a highly entertaining 8/10 from me
Might be worth seeing again. The wife talks about all the different levels, e.g. the use of stairs, and the significance of them. Not that I really understand what she's on about!

Antony Moxey

Rise of the Footsoldier 4. I don’t know why but I’m always suckered in by these ‘gritty’ British gangster flicks, and invariably they are terrible. This follows every cliche going: wrongly fitted up, seeks revenge when leaving prison, gang from south eas, drugs, ridiculous amount of violence, every other word a C or F, truly terrible acting. Should have known from the previous three - seriously, don’t bother, it’s utter gash. Zero charlie out of ten hammers.

LOG

Rise of the Footsoldier 4. I don’t know why but I’m always suckered in by these ‘gritty’ British gangster flicks, and invariably they are terrible. This follows every cliche going: wrongly fitted up, seeks revenge when leaving prison, gang from south eas, drugs, ridiculous amount of violence, every other word a C or F, truly terrible acting. Should have known from the previous three - seriously, don’t bother, it’s utter gash. Zero charlie out of ten hammers.
Ha, i watched this too and, like you, my expectations were very low. It didn't disappoint.

I didn't realise the boxer was meant to be Nigel Benn until it got to the actual fight. It seems though it was his son who played him.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gaslight (1944) Charles Boyer ~ Ingrid Bergman ~ Joseph Cotton

A newlywed fears she is slowly losing her sanity when strange things begin happening in the family home. 8/10

Antony Moxey

Yesterday. A struggling singer/songwriter wakes up from an accident to find out he’s the only person in the world who’s heard of the Beatles. He passes their songs off as his own and thus his road to world superstardom takes off. Liked the lead and his mates, but the cast was badly let down by Ed Sheehan who’s as wooden and soulless as his music. It also gets bogged down a bit by too much angst from about three quarters of the way through but otherwise an enjoyable tale, regardless of whether or not you like the Beatles’ music (which I don’t, I can’t stand it). Seven Let it Bes out of ten Hey Judes.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
The Platform … Where to start with this film ! Very strange film from Spain that had been dubbed over and tbh it may have been better it if were left in Spanish with subtitles, So the platform in question stops on every level for a short time before moving downwards thing is there is food prepared for the platform and obviously by the time it gets down to the lower levels there is nothing left.
Every few days a gas I released and people get moved to a different level , when going in on day one you are allowed 1 item to go with you and can be anything from a gun to a book.
Maybe a film to watch again at some point but will give it 5/10 for nothing else than making your brain work out wtf is going on.

This Island Earth 1955 typical alien film of that era where the aliens are looking to recruit scientists from earth to help their own planet Metaluna from being attacked by another set of aliens some dodgy special effects / hairdo's but worth it for the main characters name ! 6/10

The Giant Claw 1957 Giant bird made of antimatter goes around destroying planes and various buildings that is until the hero invents some sort of gun that can kill the bloody thing , Has to be possibly the worse special effects creature from this era think Roy Hudds emu on meth ! Truly a bad film but probably on some B movie list as a classic. 3/10

Antony Moxey

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. The final episode in the long running saga. All bar a few loose ends are tied up with the majority of the original characters finally having closure. Despite a fairly savage panning from fans who really ought to grow up and stop behaving like children that have been told they can’t have any more sweets, I enjoyed it, as I have most of the Star Wars films and will probably watch it again to pick up any bits I missed. It really is just as film, and as such should be treated as all the others: a decent tale of good versus evil and a bit of escapist fun. Eight Sith out of ten Jedi.

DB9

Bumblebee, Sort of story within the Transformers franchise, Set in the mid 80's, A girl who's father has died, Doesn't like the new Step Dad and feels an outcast finds a yellow VW Beetle that happens to be a Transformer, Story was ok for about 3/4 of the way through but then it was pretty dire, One saving grace was the soundtrack, A good few hits from that time including The Smiths, As a stand alone story i wasn't impressed 4/10

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Revisited 'An Officer and a Gentleman' Richard Gere ~ Debra Winger ~ Louis Gossett Jr

Stood the test of time well. 8/10