• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
Deadfall. Neat little thriller about a brother and sister on the run after a robbery, getting snowed in, in the American countryside. Shows that these things don't have to be stretched to 2 hours plus, as they normally are.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bad Words. A 40 year old man finds a loophole in the rules and enters a spelling bee competition to get revenge, although you don't find out what for until near the end.

It sounds a bit ****e but it's alright, not much of any note really happens but it's amusing enough and the relationship with the kid he befriends is quite funny in places. 6/10.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Did I read this right? The opening night of Noah at Exeter's Vue had to be cancelled due to flooding?

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
Did I read this right? The opening night of Noah at Exeter's Vue had to be cancelled due to flooding?
I think they are only letting couples in.

Antony Moxey

Desolation of Smug, the second Hobbit film. What an utterly rip roaring non stop adventure with great chases, awesome fights, bit of comedy and a decent amount of tension. Forgets it's a Hobbit film at times, especially with the village on the lake which is more akin to Popeye, but that, and the dullard Elf king can't take away from just what a great story this is.

Except for the end, which comes mid flow and for a second leaves you wondering whether your DVD player's packed up. But as with the LOTR trilogy, each film is better than its predecessor, and this trilogy so far is following tha pattern. If it continues in that vein then the third should be a belter. 8/10

Mid Devon Clown

Did you find the CGI a bit ropey Ant? For me it was as if Jackson had passed the whole thing onto a second unit director and gone of on his holidays.

Bonus points for hot she-elf though.

Alistair20000

Desolation of Smug
I thought a film about Paul Tisdale had been made until the younger members of the household suggested it was Smaug. They say the film is awesome.

Antony Moxey

Did you find the CGI a bit ropey Ant? For me it was as if Jackson had passed the whole thing onto a second unit director and gone of on his holidays.

Bonus points for hot she-elf though.
Yeah, the elf could swing her bow at me any time. As you say, some of it was a bit XBox but it didn't bother me that much as I was enjoying the film too much. Trouble is, with the variety of beasties in the film and the action it would have been difficult to recreate that without CGI.

If you want to see it overdone, check out any of the ads for the latest Spiderman adventure, it looks like a PS1 game.

Antony Moxey

They say the film is awesome.
You'd be wise to listen to them.

DB9

If you want to see it overdone, check out any of the ads for the latest Spiderman adventure, it looks like a PS1 game.
Totally agree Ant, Seen the Adverts and i did wonder if it was for a Games Console, Poor quality for a big screen film