• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Taking of Pelham 123 (1974) , the original , and I think superior version ,with Walter Matthau and Robert Shaw trying to outthink each other after the heist of a subway train and passengers. A product of its era , no pc here!
Excellent film that and like you I much prefer it to the remake.

Antony Moxey

The Taking of Pelham 123 (1974) , the original , and I think superior version ,with Walter Matthau and Robert Shaw trying to outthink each other after the heist of a subway train and passengers. A product of its era , no pc here!
Superior doesn’t even come close. The remake isn’t even close with John Travolta particularly poor, it’s an insult to the original.

Red & White

The Keeper - biopic of Bernd Trautmann. Well worth a watch and is currently on iPlayer.

DB9

The Keeper - biopic of Bernd Trautmann. Well worth a watch and is currently on iPlayer.
Did see that advertised but was on too late, Might give that one a go.

Oldsmobile-88

I must check that out.I read his autobiography a few years ago,fascinating.

Banksy

Did see that advertised but was on too late, Might give that one a go.
Saw it at the local cinema when it first came out , very lighthearted and entertaining apart from one sad bit. Using Mr Moxey’s system of rating , ten leather footballs with laces out of ten goal nets.

Reactions: DB9

iscalad

Saw it at the local cinema when it first came out , very lighthearted and entertaining apart from one sad bit. Using Mr Moxey’s system of rating , ten leather footballs with laces out of ten goal nets.
Surely jumpers for goalposts should be included.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Nomadland

Now here's a film that doesn't really go anywhere or do anything. The story of a widow in her sixties living in a van travelling the backwaters of the US doing odd jobs here and there meeting up with like minded people. And that's about it.

It's not for everyone but I really enjoyed it for some reason. I don't know why but I'm really drawn to films like this. Into The Wild for instance is one of my favourite films. I'm just fascinated about people living off grid having stuck two fingers up to the established way of life. It strikes a chord and brings out the rebel in me. I know the irony will not be lost on some.

8/10
Finally got to watch it last night. Very interesting style of story telling, documentary style I suppose.

I've often wondered whether it's possible to live off grid, is that why there's a fascination with the film?

8/10.

Banksy

Watched Dog Soldiers (2002) again last night. For a horror film that was obviously done on a tight budget it doesn’t come over too bad.Eight werewolves out of ten silver bullets.

Antony Moxey

Black Widow. Not a back story as such - although there are plenty of flashbacks - but what happened to Black Widow when the Avengers went underground after the Segovia accord, which came about around the time of Age of Ultron and Captain America: Winter Soldier. Anyhoo, Black Widow reunites with her sleeper cell family to track down the evil Ray Winstone who masterminded the Widows programme whereby young girls are groomed, brainwashed and mind controlled into becoming Russian super assassins.

Not an original plot I’ll grant you, and Ray Winstone, when not playing a cockney geezer is utterly dreadful but as a standalone Marvel release it really is rather good. Loads of action, loads of fights, loads of car chases and a few cheesy one liners to boot too. The only shame really is for Scarlett Johansson, for years there were rumours of a Black Widow film then along it comes with her chance to shine in her own film and she’s over shadowed by her sister who steals all the best lines.

Worth the effort: eight dodgy Russian accents out of ten well fit sisters.