• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Barbarella! 😋😉😄
What about a threesome to include Anita Pallenberg the Black Queen of Sogo aka The Great Tryant ?

#sigh :love:

Reactions: DB9

iscalad

What about a threesome to include Anita Pallenberg the Black Queen of Sogo aka The Great Tryant ?

#sigh :love:
Cold shower needed 😜

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes you're right about his wife and son, I should of mentioned that, Apologies. Not sure if I've seen a really decent film about his life, A couple of TV dramas have been ok and the James Mason film is watchable but seriously lacking in one of those biopic films that had the whole package.
Something I forgot to mention was that Rommel had an illegitimate daughter who knitted a check scarf for her dad which he can be seen wearing even when in full uniform.

Reactions: DB9

Banksy

Sweet Country 2017. Australian ‘western‘ set just after WW1. An aborigine is wrongly accused of murder after he is shot at by a mad First World War veteran who he shoots dead in self defence.Slow burning but worth sticking with. Eight boomerangs out of ten didgeridoos.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Devil's Advocate (1997) Keanu Reeves ~ Al Pacino ~ Charlize Theron ~ Connie Nielsen

Hollywood takes a leaf from Hammer films with Pacino playing the Devil in a mortal disguise while assisted by a clutch of demons, brings a brilliant Florida lawyer (Reeves) to New York to work on a court case but ostensibly for something far more evil. For those who swoon at the sight of Miss Theron, then stand to do so again as she and Miss Nielson (Gladiator) lose their inhibitions and can be seen swanning around totally unclothed. 8.5/10

LOG

Went old skool and watched Deep Impact.

In short, the future of planet earth is threatened by a comet. An aging Robert Duvall goes off with some other astronauts (and a cosmo) to try to head it off but fail using their planned methods, as do some missiles fired up from the ground. They decide the only way to save the day is a suicide mission and they crash into the comet. Job done except that a smaller bit of it still hits earth and loads of people are killed in the resultant tsunami so a success but with conditions attached.

Two things, if I may.

Firstly, the government cover up what they know about the comet and this only comes to light because of a misunderstanding between high ranking officials, including President Morgan Freeman, and a hot shot journo. The journo thinks that “Ellie” is someone that the Secretary to the Treasury is carrying on with but it turns out to be E.L.E., an extinction level event, the comet. When the feds take the journo to meet the President, at no point does anyone cotton on to the fact that they’re actually talking about two completely different things before the blabbermouth President spills the beans. The least the journo could’ve done was a quick smug smirk as she outwitted the President, albeit without knowing.

Secondly, the comet is named Wolf-Biederman after Dr Wolf and Leo Biederman. Leo was the first to spot the comet and Wolf was the bloke at the observatory he reported it to. As Wolf was attempting to raise the alarm, he crashed his car and it exploded as it went off a cliff and the government assumed that Biederman was in the car too. How then does the government know, firstly, that there’s a comet and, secondly, that it’s called Wolf-Biederman? Also, I’m sure it would’ve been pretty easy to find out who Biederman was and that he wasn’t in the crashed car.

It was ok apart from that. 4/10.

GJW

Did LOTR back to back and now doing the Hobbit back to back. Tolkien-fest before the football season starts.

Mr Jinx

Flash Gordon

First time I've seen since I went to the flicks as an 11 yr old in 1980. Being a young'un, I didn't realise how cheesy it was. Some of it jaw-droppingly so. I don't think my kids minded much though. Just concerns that Flash the super hero didn't have any real super powers.

A stella cast though and some great costumes...and what a soundtrack!

6/10

Reactions: GJW

GJW

Flash Gordon

First time I've seen since I went to the flicks as an 11 yr old in 1980. Being a young'un, I didn't realise how cheesy it was. Some of it jaw-droppingly so. I don't think my kids minded much though. Just concerns that Flash the super hero didn't have any real super powers.

A stella cast though and some great costumes...and what a soundtrack!

6/10
I remember my brother had the soundtrack album by Queen. Used to listen to it a lot. Film very cheesy but Brian Blessed made it all worth it. Did you spot Peter Duncan from Blue Peter? He was only in it fleetingly.

Red & White

Mum's list - a true story starring Emila Fox, bit of a tear jerker about a husband of two young children having to come to terms with the loss of his wife which is intermixed with flashbacks of moments in their life together. 7/10