• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
I most definitely agree. That scene where he is driving through the city streets in carnage as people panic and the camera settles on one couple. They are standing still, holding each other, ignoring the pandemonium crashing around them, a small island of silence and calm in a crazy storm. Brilliant film for me as a sci fi buff.
Knowing was done in the same year as my other favourite Cage film: Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans

I'm looking forward to watching Color Out of Space. Will report back once watched.

DB9

I most definitely agree. That scene where he is driving through the city streets in carnage as people panic and the camera settles on one couple. They are standing still, holding each other, ignoring the pandemonium crashing around them, a small island of silence and calm in a crazy storm. Brilliant film for me as a sci fi buff.
Didn't realise you were a sci fi buff Geoff, I wonder do you know of or remember a film i think called "Darkstar" from the 70's, Think it was about this spaceship that had talking bombs that blew up planets and one wouldn't release and the crew tries to reason with it? i think one of the crew in the end surfed off into the stars

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Being Rose (2017) Cybill Shepherd ~ James Brolin

Theres 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back 4.5/10

Banksy

Into sci fi myself Geoff. Quite like time travel themed ones myself within the genre. Still read a lot of sci fi books too ,got into them first as a youngster in the fifties.

geoffwp

Didn't realise you were a sci fi buff Geoff, I wonder do you know of or remember a film i think called "Darkstar" from the 70's, Think it was about this spaceship that had talking bombs that blew up planets and one wouldn't release and the crew tries to reason with it? i think one of the crew in the end surfed off into the stars
Do I remember dark star? A 70's classic DB. Doolittle's hilarious philosophical discussion with the bomb in an attempt to talk it out of exploding but the bomb ultimately paraphrases God and says 'let there be light and detonates. Haven't watched it for some time but I remember in the end Doolittle, who is drifting alone down towards the planet, finds a piece of debris from the ship and surfs it down! Benson Arizona! 😄

DB9

Do I remember dark star? A 70's classic DB. Doolittle's hilarious philosophical discussion with the bomb in an attempt to talk it out of exploding but the bomb ultimately paraphrases God and says 'let there be light and detonates. Haven't watched it for some time but I remember in the end Doolittle, who is drifting alone down towards the planet, finds a piece of debris from the ship and surfs it down! Benson Arizona! 😄
You have described it far better than I did Geoff, Just stuck in my mind that it was so unusual and summed up the 70's all be it set in the future, A real good film but very quirky, Another one for me was an animated film in the early 80's called Heavy Metal, I think it was from a comic book or the film spawned the comic book

geoffwp

Into sci fi myself Geoff. Quite like time travel themed ones myself within the genre. Still read a lot of sci fi books too ,got into them first as a youngster in the fifties.
Same here Banksy. Got into Isaac Asimov, Arthur C Clarke and Ray Bradbury when I was a kid and loved it ever since. Asimov's Foundation series became one of my firm favourites. These days it's Ian M Banks. I guess a good recent time travel film has been Interstellar, definitely a favourite. Do you have any memory of a short story called 'by his bootstraps'? A time loop, groundhog day almost, story.

geoffwp

Double post.

geoffwp

You have described it far better than I did Geoff, Just stuck in my mind that it was so unusual and summed up the 70's all be it set in the future, A real good film but very quirky, Another one for me was an animated film in the early 80's called Heavy Metal, I think it was from a comic book or the film spawned the comic book
Don't recall that one so must check it out. An all time favourite for me from the 70's was 'Silent Running' with Bruce Dern and a bunch of robot garden helpers.

DB9

Don't recall that one so must check it out. An all time favourite for me from the 70's was 'Silent Running' with Bruce Dern and a bunch of robot garden helpers.
Just googling Silent Running i do remember that one especially they had buggys like in the Banana Splits to drive/race around and they were trying to save the greenery of the Earth? As for Heavy Metal, Its a good aninmated film and worth a watch, Probably available online somewhere