• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Excellent film. Intense
Agreed.
I found it quite shocking at the time - hope usually wins out in Hollywood.

I don't think Cliff Richard's song quite captured the tone 'though.

IndoMike

Agreed.
I found it quite shocking at the time - hope usually wins out in Hollywood.

I don't think Cliff Richard's song quite captured the tone 'though.
Yes, and Gregory Peck singing "We're all going on a summer holiday" as the submarine departed was a bit off, too.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Always liked Kenneth More, A good actor, Very British of that time too plus was very good in that classic film "Reach for the Sky where he played ultimate hero of WW2 Douglas Bader
Agree with everything you say. I love that scene in "Reach for the Sky" where the depressed Canadian fighter pilots think they've been landed with a chairborne C.O ... that is until Bader grabs a flying helmet...

Sad to see in later years how he slipped down the billing. From his usual 1st or 2nd it was down to 8th in the "Slipper And The Rose."

DB9

Agree with everything you say. I love that scene in "Reach for the Sky" where the depressed Canadian fighter pilots think they've been landed with a chairborne C.O ... that is until Bader grabs a flying helmet...

Sad to see in later years how he slipped down the billing. From his usual 1st or 2nd it was down to 8th in the "Slipper And The Rose."
Unfortunately Stuffy the "Trend" in wanting certain actors change and Kenneth More was old school, He'd ended up in Confession films or other rubbish, cheaply made British films of the 70's like other actors who in their day were right up there

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately Stuffy the "Trend" in wanting certain actors change and Kenneth More was old school, He'd ended up in Confession films or other rubbish, cheaply made British films of the 70's like other actors who in their day were right up there
As happened to Richard Todd who ended up with a small part in Midsomer Murders.

DB9

Exactly and that's sad to see

Banksy

Talking of Richard Todd , I see one of his films rarely seen on TV , The Hellions ,is going the rounds on Talking Pictures channel. A South African ‘western’ , he plays the town law. Marty Wilde has a part as one of the baddies and sings the catchy theme tune. James Booth plays another.Not a bad old film which used to be difficult to get hold of.

Dannyred

Green Book is a true story, A very good film.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
1959 or 2000 version Blakey ?
Al....the 1959 version.....also read the book a truly chilling narrative.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Talking of Richard Todd , I see one of his films rarely seen on TV , The Hellions ,is going the rounds on Talking Pictures channel. A South African ‘western’ , he plays the town law. Marty Wilde has a part as one of the baddies and sings the catchy theme tune. James Booth plays another.Not a bad old film which used to be difficult to get hold of.
That was a blast from the past Mr B. Also in the cast was Lionel jeffries who before he became an actor was commissioned into the Ox and Bucks Light Infantry and served in Burma. As for his role in that film, it was a question of gamekeeper turned poacher as also served as a Captain in the Royal West African Frontier Force.