• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Back in 1952 Stuffers H&E wasn't around and the stuntmen really took one for the team so to speak, Loads of older films have the best action bits because either the actual stars did them or the stuntmen took more chances
Yakima Canutt in the John Wayne western Stagecoach 1939 being a very good example of this.

Banksy

I thought the jousting scenes in that film were the best I've ever seen. I recently watched the jousters at Warwick castle who's speed seemed almost pedestrian compared to that of the film's Black Knight/Ivanhoe. The jousting in Anthony Andrews' Ivanhoe was equally ropey as one of the knights knocked from his horse was clearly a dummy with very bendy legs.
The Anthony Andrews’ version misfired in a number of ways. For example , it omitted the opening scene where Ivanhoe visits his father’s hall after his return from the Holy Land.
Also ,the 1997 series ends with a far better trial by combat sequence than both the other adaptations too. I think too there was a series aired around the sixties but I haven’t seen that one.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yakima Canutt in the John Wayne western Stagecoach 1939 being a very good example of this.
He was a considerable influence on John Wayne and the two of them worked together a good deal.

iscalad

The Anthony Andrews’ version misfired in a number of ways. For example , it omitted the opening scene where Ivanhoe visits his father’s hall after his return from the Holy Land.
Also ,the 1997 series ends with a far better trial by combat sequence than both the other adaptations too. I think too there was a series aired around the sixties but I haven’t seen that one.
Roger Moore played Ivanhoe in the '50s. Was quite good for its time.

Banksy

Roger Moore played Ivanhoe in the '50s. Was quite good for its time.
I’ve still got a few of those creeky old episodes on disc somewhere that I transferred from vhs twenty years ago. I suspect you can find a lot on YouTube too. To my shame , I can still remember the theme tune ,pathetic old man that I am.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Yakima Canutt played Charlton Heston's role as the charioteer who nearly tumbled out of the front of bucking chariot during the race against the Tribune Messala in the 1959 film Ben-Hur.

Banksy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Yakima Canutt played Charlton Heston's role as the charioteer who nearly tumbled out of the front of bucking chariot during the race against the Tribune Messala in the 1959 film Ben-Hur.
Got a feeling that may have been his son.

exeter-loyal

Rise of the footsoldier

DB9

Man with the iron heart, Story of the life of the Nazi bigwig Reinhard Heydrich who ended up being Assassinated while in charge of Czechoslovakia, If the depiction of the man were true then he deserved all he got, Nasty, Nasty man. A good film and well worth a watch 8/10

Alistair20000

Man with the iron heart, Story of the life of the Nazi bigwig Reinhard Heydrich who ended up being Assassinated while in charge of Czechoslovakia, If the depiction of the man were true then he deserved all he got, Nasty, Nasty man. A good film and well worth a watch 8/10
How does it compare with Operation Daybreak (1975) where Heydrich was played by Anton Diffring ? Martin Shaw was in it too. Assuming you have seen that one of course.

There is no doubt at all that he was a very, very, bad, bad bast*rd.