• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Band you saw

Stelios

I had a brilliant night yesterday.
What a fantastic venue The Forum in Bath is.
Very Art Deco, lovely.
And The Musical Box were incredible.
If you like early Genesis stuff and get the chance to see them, don’t hesitate, you won’t regret it.
I was planning on going to a gig there and staying overnight a couple of years back but the hotels were more expensive than London :eek: The cheapest place was out of town student accommodation (it was during summer holidays)

Bridgy 81

I was planning on going to a gig there and staying overnight a couple of years back but the hotels were more expensive than London :eek: The cheapest place was out of town student accommodation (it was during summer holidays)
Bath is a very expensive place in every way you can think of.
Fortunately I live an hour and a bit drive from there so I was home and in bed by midnight-ish 🙂

Bridgy 81

I had my first trip earlier this evening to the Bristol Beacon (formerly the Colston Hall).
And had the pleasure of paying Bristol’s ULEZ clean air charge for the first time.
We went to see and listen to the Gipsy Kings, the version which features Nicolas Reyes their original lead vocalist.
They were very good and I don’t remember hearing a band being so warmly and enthusiastically received by an audience for a very long time.
It’s almost an impossibility to stay still whilst their playing.
Their music takes me back to when my wife and I first met when we were both working in Spain for a while.
That’s almost 40 years ago now but it’s nice how music can bring back such clear (and happy in this case) memories from so long in the past.