• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

La Liga Eibar

exehausted2

I haven't used Exeweb for months, probably a reflection of my disappointment with the way things have been going lately and wondering if the way the club is being run means decline is inevitable. Yesterday though I came across the story of Eibar who have just won their first ever Spanish Premier League game. The town has a population of about 27,000 and is not very well off, their stadium holds 5,000. The have the smallest budget in the top two divisions and they are not in debt. Sounds like somebody should be taking the next (low budget airline) flight over there to find the secret. Surely it's worth a debate. I'm amazed nobody else has flagged it up, or have they in my absence?

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
It is a great story. I was thinking about the comparison last night. There is a big difference between the Spanish pyramid system and ours though.

I think there are nearer comparisons we should be looking at. There are a handful of very well ran clubs in England, I hope we are taking note and trying to adapt the way we run ours. However whilst we have the 3 Amigos in charge, nothing will ever improve.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I saw it as well. As you say Jay, it's a great story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28926020

iscalad

I haven't used Exeweb for months, probably a reflection of my disappointment with the way things have been going lately and wondering if the way the club is being run means decline is inevitable. Yesterday though I came across the story of Eibar who have just won their first ever Spanish Premier League game. The town has a population of about 27,000 and is not very well off, their stadium holds 5,000. The have the smallest budget in the top two divisions and they are not in debt. Sounds like somebody should be taking the next (low budget airline) flight over there to find the secret. Surely it's worth a debate. I'm amazed nobody else has flagged it up, or have they in my absence?
Can't fly there from Exeter after September. Eibar are one of the Basque clubs, I believe.

oops, should have read the link first. Definitely a Basque club.

Last edited:

Bridgy 81

As I can't find a more appropriate thread than this one (I don't like creating new ones unnecessarily) I thought I'd add this here.
Perhaps one of our technical team could consider removing Eibar from the title so there's a general La Liga one?
Anyway, I follow Athletic Bilbao and am currently watching them on TV playing away at Cadiz.
One of Athletic's players, Berenguer, has his socks pulled so far up his legs they disappear completely up his shorts and I imagine it's fairly warm in Southern Spain this evening.
The first time I noticed this sort of thing was when John Terry started doing it a few years back.
What's it all about?

manc grecian

Your fetish for men in long socks?

Alistair20000

Not a WOWS thread IMHO

Colesman Ballz

Not a WOWS thread IMHO
A "wannabe Mod" ALERT ! :p

Bridgy 81

Hunting in packs tonight I see.

andrew p long

I'm with Bridgy. No unnecessary threads.

And with Hants. No deviation from thread topic titles (except when I've spotted a pun or a lyric).