• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

L2 Retained Lists

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Update:

PosTeamList announcedDateNo of Players
6ColchesterY27/04/202016
8Port ValeY18/05/20206
9BradfordY26/05/202010
10Salford CityY16/05/202011
13GrimsbyY21/05/20209
16Cambridge UtdY28/04/20209
18Carlisle UtdY15/05/202010
20ScunthorpeY05/05/202015
21MansfieldY18/05/202011

An average of just under 11 players per club so far. Interesting that higher and lower placed clubs are releasing more than the middle placed teams.
Probably won’t be anymore than 4 or 5 from ecfc if that ( not 1st team pros anyway.

ryancooper327

Probably won’t be anymore than 4 or 5 from ecfc if that ( not 1st team pros anyway.
Isn't 7 pros the number that's been banded around as out of contract?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes but it's just supposition for now.

Anyway, "not-retained" is not necessarily equal to "out of contract".

benjisheps

yes Matt Taylor in his most recent interview stated we have 7 professionals out of contract at the end of the season.

andrew p long

yes Matt Taylor in his most recent interview stated we have 7 professionals out of contract at the end of the season.
yes, and I think he said seven ‘senior’ professionals, excluding for example third choice keeper Jared Thompson and injured young professional James Dodd

Red Devon

From what we know if you say
Warren
Fisher
Holmes
Woody (maybe move into coaching)
We are then scratching our heads a bit. I’d say Lee Martin is a luxury we can’t afford if he’s out of contact.

benjisheps

From what we know if you say
Warren
Fisher
Holmes
Woody (maybe move into coaching)
We are then scratching our heads a bit. I’d say Lee Martin is a luxury we can’t afford if he’s out of contact.
This is on a different thread as well I believe. But the 5 that are definitely out of contract are:
Moxey
Woodman
Warren
Holmes
Fisher

Then it is two from the following:
L.Martin
A.Martin
Dickenson

Red Devon

This is on a different thread as well I believe. But the 5 that are definitely out of contract are:
Moxey
Woodman
Warren
Holmes
Fisher

L.Martin
A.Martin
Dickenson
I was suggesting possible departures:(

Ash

Moxey
Woodman
Warren
Holmes
Fisher

L.Martin
A.Martin
Dickenson
The only one I'd be truly sorry to see go is Aaron. I'd keep Dickenson too if possible. Warren always seemed to me to be an odd signing that was never going to get much playing time unless we had a proper nightmare with injuries.
Big thanks to Woody and Moxey if they do indeed leave, great servants to the club!

Banksy

The only one I'd be truly sorry to see go is Aaron. I'd keep Dickenson too if possible. Warren always seemed to me to be an odd signing that was never going to get much playing time unless we had a proper nightmare with injuries.
Big thanks to Woody and Moxey if they do indeed leave, great servants to the club!
Begs the question what motivation they would have in any playoff games if they’d been told they were leaving beforehand.That’s the trouble with us having to perform in these silly playoffs , not only will it cost us financially but I suppose we’ll be one of the last teams because of it to release their retained list.