• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Know anything about Insurance?

Ian Sideman

I need to buy and then insure a transit type van for business use. I need a no. of drivers on the policy. Where should I go for this type of insurance and how much should I pay.

Shouldn't exceed 10,000 miles a year. To be used for business deliveries and collections.

Thanks for any advice.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I need to buy and then insure a transit type van for business use. I need a no. of drivers on the policy. Where should I go for this type of insurance and how much should I pay.

Shouldn't exceed 10,000 miles a year. To be used for business deliveries and collections.

Thanks for any advice.
" Go compare, go compare........................"

Carriage of own goods isn't too bad if you have some NCB, just trawl the comparison sites but be prepared for the premium to jump when you put different drivers on.

Shame I can't sell you the 70% NCB I am not using.

Last edited:

LOG

Probably cheaper not to bother and then pay the fine if you're stopped. You should also avoid crashing if you chose this option.

Shove that in your pipe, Martin Lewis.

Ian Sideman

Ta

I'll try "go compare". Failing that I'll go with Log's advice.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Don't forget to have a look at insurance companies here http://buy.at/ecfcst and see if you can make some money for the Trust.

ecfc01

Probably cheaper not to bother and then pay the fine if you're stopped. You should also avoid crashing if you chose this option.

Shove that in your pipe, Martin Lewis.

I agree.

If you do crash leg it and say your vehicle has been nicked.

Badum

DB9

Ta

I'll try "go compare". Failing that I'll go with Log's advice.
Go for the companies that do Business motor insurance, there are loads online, yellow pages etc and they will help with the employees driving bit

St George

Try Aviva, they were offering really good deals on all types of insurance. My wife works for a commercial ins broker but Aviva were around £150 cheaper than them. Mine is business use and the policy was even cheaper when adding the wife.

A377 Lad

Direct line are good, & aren't on price comparison sites, so check them out on thier site.