• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kevin Miller

budegrecian

January 1990, Norwich City travel to Exeter for the FA Cup, 3rd Round. - YouTube
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgxTR3OtI7I
Some excellent footage of a young Kevin Miller and I think we can all agree the pitch back then was a tad agricultural
What might have been…..remember it so well.
Anyway, great to have one of our best ever keepers back to help our present day stoppers develop.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
What might have been…..remember it so well.
Anyway, great to have one of our best ever keepers back to help our present day stoppers develop.
I remember that game - Fleck apparently "ate all the pies" and still applauded the Cowshed at the end !
(No wonder we sacked Chas in his early ECFC career - he has clearly learned a lot !)

I was so excited that we had come so close to beating a L1 club I even paid shedloads and took up the Flybe flight offer to and fro Norwich International Airport to witness us lose and Fleck applaud Grecian fans after. (I had an early start for work)

I think I got home just after 2am but my best buddy didn't get off the coach till 5am - he still fumes at me today !

UTC

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
January 1990, Norwich City travel to Exeter for the FA Cup, 3rd Round. - YouTube
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgxTR3OtI7I
Some excellent footage of a young Kevin Miller and I think we can all agree the pitch back then was a tad agricultural
To be fair, the pitch had been absolutely battered in the games just before and during the Christmas period.

grecIAN Harris

I remember that game - Fleck apparently "ate all the pies" and still applauded the Cowshed at the end !
(No wonder we sacked Chas in his early ECFC career - he has clearly learned a lot !)

I was so excited that we had come so close to beating a L1 club I even paid shedloads and took up the Flybe flight offer to and fro Norwich International Airport to witness us lose and Fleck applaud Grecian fans after. (I had an early start for work)

I think I got home just after 2am but my best buddy didn't get off the coach till 5am - he still fumes at me today !

UTC
Rosencrantz and I never saw the equaliser until Match of the Day. We were still busy celebrating Rowbotham's 'winner'.......... well that's what we thought at the time.

Rosencrantz

To be fair, the pitch had been absolutely battered in the games just before and during the Christmas period.
I think it was the Maidstone cup replay that took the pitch down. It hammered down with rain in that game which coincided with Kev's first home outing of the season. Certainly the pre-xmas Gillingham game and the humiliation of Torquay on NYD did not help the pitch. The games after the Norwich game were also played on quagmires. The Maidstone league game in particular sticks in the mind. It was a very wet time.

Oldsmobile-88

UTC
I remember Fleck raising his shirt & quizzically looking at his stomach during a ‘pies’ chant 😁
Yes, so close to defeating a Division One side.

The replay was the following Wednesday. A quick 1 day leave request put in on Monday morning.
Iirc 5 coaches went up to Norwich(I stewarded one of them) not bad at the short notice of just 3 days.
Back in work the next day at 0800. It would kill me these days 😎

Boyo

Back to Kevin Miller; does anyone know what level of coaching badges he holds?

DawlishBouy

Back to Kevin Miller; does anyone know what level of coaching badges he holds?
According to transfmarkt.com Miller was goalkeeping coach at Plymouth from August 2011 to December 2015 and at Torquay from December 2015 to July 2018 but in the devonlive article it sounds like he is only now going to start earning his badges.
https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/kevin-miller-appointed-exeter-city-7881338

DawlishBouy

Career record:

Attachments

andrew p long

there's some great stories in the Watford legends interview in the career record posted by DB.

And a horror story about Bristol Rovers back in the day. A 15 year old Scott Sinclar got a hat-trick in a reserve game and all the players signed the match ball. The manager gave Sinclair a rollicking and then..

... Rovers sent his dad a bill for £50 for the ball...