• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

keeping a clean sheet

cityregular

Do we have a problem come 31st March?
With Hamer having to return to Reading (end of loan period)
& Krysiak taking over in goal----who's on the bench as cover,
Jones back?

RyaanECFC

weve got a young lad aswell as krysiak. whats his name again?

+Jones will be recalled, however his contract runs out at end of season

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
matt armstrong ford. he was on loan at bideford

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hamer's loan ends on 18th April, as I understand it (3 months from 18 Jan), and his loan cannot be extended, but there will still be four more games after that.

Krysiack with Armstrong-Ford on the bench, I assume, unless we can get another keeper on loan for the last 4 games, as Jones' loan is for the rest of the season, I think.

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Armstrong ford is the worst keeper I've ever seen in my life. Presume we will extend hamer deal or get pj back

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I believe Jones' loan spell is "to the end of the season", so I'd be extremely surprised if he came back. I'd guess we'd go with either MA-F or the yoof keeper (Jake Viney?) on the bench, or possibly run the gauntlet of a problem and name 7 outfield subs - with the emergency back-up of Taylor should Krysiak get injured / sent off.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Presume we will extend Hamer deal or get pj back
As i understand it, we can't extend the Hamer deal under League rules - he has already been out on loan twice before this year and they don't allow a third loan to be extended.

PJ's loan is for the season so we'd need to agree with Posh and PJ for him to come back. Don't suppose he'd be keen to warm the bench having been dispensed with by us earlier, and Artur would be pretty peeved if Jones came back and he didn't get a game...

So I expect its Armstrong-Ford, possibly another loan. Matty T would be a last resort - it's a long time since he was a 'keeper.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Problem is the loan deadline is some time before Hamer buggers off, so we couldn't get another loan in unless we go for the "super duper emergency loan" thingy that I think only applies if you have no keepers available.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe Jones' loan spell is "to the end of the season", so I'd be extremely surprised if he came back. I'd guess we'd go with either MA-F or the yoof keeper (Jake Viney?) on the bench, or possibly run the gauntlet of a problem and name 7 outfield subs - with the emergency back-up of Taylor should Krysiak get injured / sent off.
i think the youth team keeper is paul gibbins, hes still here

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I really hope that we get to sign Ben at the end of this season. Unfortunately the better he does with us the more his price will rise. The Ryan Taylor effect.