• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kabongo Tshimanga

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can’t see why we should have to guarantee him a regular place should we sign him.But then if we were prepared to splash big cash I guess if we’d done our homework properly and he didn’t flop we would be doing that anyway. The question is , is he better than say Seymour? Still , probably all something about nothing and he goes elsewhere anyway.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely you can't guarantee anyone game time? It's up to the player to prove their worth. If he believes in himself he'll take the chance of stepping up to a higher level?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he means he wants a regular starting place, no team can guarantee that, can they?
I presume he wants a verbal assurance that he's being brought in with the idea he'll slot into the first XI, rather than a contractual obligation to start him. You'd have thought that'd be clear from the kind of money we're prepared to stump up though, surely. We're not gonna pay big money for a development player.

Red Monster

Matt has just said on Devon online that he’s not interested and his top targets lie elsewhere.

MerleyRed

I have no knowledge that it was Tshimanga, but I do know that we had serious interest in a Forward and were blown out of the water when Mansfield offered £250K for him. I don't know the name, but all may become clear if the Stags sign someone in the coming days.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Matt has just said on Devon online that he’s not interested and his top targets lie elsewhere.
He could kept the story going for a while! What are we going to talk about now :)

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
He could kept the story going for a while! What are we going to talk about now :)
Double bluff

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Double bluff
Yep, watch Tshimanga sign for us at 2pm on a 4 year deal B-)

muppetdodger

Any player who will only sign if he is guaranteed first team football willy nilly is better off not being signed. Not what we need, we need people who want to prove themselves in our team, not one's that want the team built around them! Best left alone I say.

Red Bill

If he’s out of contract then it will go to a tribunal if we can’t agree a fee (assuming we’re actually in for him). He’s only been at Oxford one season so I can’t imagine they can expect more than £50k plus a sell on clause?
Not sure why ever they'd expect even £50k for him! Released by the franchise when they knew they were heading for L2 (don't know whether that was before or after Tisdale's appointment), so they clearly didn't think he was good enough for league two. Then spent a season at a sixth tier club where he's done well (like Jamie Reid). He's still a massive punt for any league club, so don't know why a tribunal would value him anywhere near £50K (wasn't that what we got for Dunne despite three seasons in L1?)