• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kabongo Tshimanga

jimbo-gould

He has 36 goals in 77 games for a National League side, he's 23 and has time to develop and improve.

If we aren't looking at a player like this I'm not sure where we are looking.
I’m all for signing someone from the conference with a good record,
Name a striker who you would be running the rule over ?

Nobody knows how this lad would do in the football league however if you are dismissing him I'd love to see the type of player you would be looking at.
I’m not going to pretend I have players in mind. I don’t have that level interest in other teams and players.

You have been the loudest critic regarding Bowman’s strike rate, especially pointing out the amount of games he doesn’t score in, which is fair, but why is it different with this lad?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m all for signing someone from the conference with a good record,

I’m not going to pretend I have players in mind. I don’t have that level interest in other teams and players.

You have been the loudest critic regarding Bowman’s strike rate, especially pointing out the amount of games he doesn’t score in, which is fair, but why is it different with this lad?
He's 23, he's quick, he's powerful and he's averaging a goal every other game for a middling national league side. As a comparison Ben Seymour is 22.

Bowman is 29 and he scores a goal every 3 to 4 games, his record since Xmas is very poor and is one the main reasons for our slump.

I'd be tempted to give this lad a chance. He may not work out however the risk / reward looks reasonable to me.

Last edited:

jimbo-gould

He's 23, he's quick, he's powerful and he's averaging a goal every other game for a middling national league side. As a comparison Ben Seymour is 22.

Bowman is 29 and he scores a goal every 3 to 4 games, his record since Xmas is very poor and is one the main reasons for our slump.

I'd be tempted to give this lad a chance. He may not work out however the risk / reward looks reasonable to me.
Two goals in open play against anyone above 17th according to an earlier post.

Again going on an earlier post, we’d have to pay compensation to sign him due to his age.

I’m for the signing if both that figure and his wages are very low. Otherwise I’d be looking elsewhere, especially in the current climate where players will be released left right and centre.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure we should so keen on players in the National league to be honest.

If you look at Jamie Reid for us he wasn't up to it, dropped into the NL and scored 58 goals in 91 and then back in L2 with Mansfield amd has scored 6 in 38.
You should know with your member name where Tony came from. So what’s wrong with us trying to do the same again , there could be another decent non league player out there just waiting for us to sign him.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Two goals in open play against anyone above 17th according to an earlier post.

Again going on an earlier post, we’d have to pay compensation to sign him due to his age.

I’m for the signing if both that figure and his wages are very low. Otherwise I’d be looking elsewhere, especially in the current climate where players will be released left right and centre.
What do you regard as very low wages ?

jimbo-gould

What do you regard as very low wages ?
“Very” may have been flippant from me. I’d want it to be low relative to other strikers in our league. Especially if we pay £50k compo (estimate based on guesswork) you have to take into account that’s almost another £1000 week out of the budget. Again, with the amount of out of contract players there will be available, I think up front money on compo can be better used elsewhere.

Curious on what wages and fee you would be happy with?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
“Very” may have been flippant from me. I’d want it to be low relative to other strikers in our league. Especially if we pay £50k compo (estimate based on guesswork) you have to take into account that’s almost another £1000 week out of the budget. Again, with the amount of out of contract players there will be available, I think up front money on compo can be better used elsewhere.

Curious on what wages and fee you would be happy with?
Not sure on wages however he wouldn't join us on a very low salary, why would he do that ?? Whatever we think he is likely to be in demand, I imagine wherever he ends up he is likely to be on over 1.5k a week, could be a lot more, depends who comes in for him.

If you are 23, quick and scoring 1 in 2 for a prolonged period in the National League there will be plenty of interest, it's obvious.

Regarding compensation, I doubt Boreham Wood will get that much.

jimbo-gould

Not sure on wages however he wouldn't join us on a very low salary, why would he do that ?? Whatever we think he is likely to be in demand, I imagine wherever he ends up he is likely to be on over 1.5k a week, could be a lot more, depends who comes in for him.

Regarding compensation, I doubt Boreham Wood will get that much.
So you would be happy with £1.5k a week, and up to what compo fee would you be willing to include?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
So you would be happy with £1.5k a week, and up to what compo fee would you be willing to include?
Not sure on a compensation figure, I don't know what a club like Boreham Wood would get.

With regards to wages, I think we'd have to pay that kind of figure. I imagine other clubs may offer more than the figure I have suggested.

What wage would you offer him ?

jimbo-gould

Not sure on a compensation figure, I don't know what a club like Boreham Wood would get.

With regards to wages, I think we'd have to pay that kind of figure.

What wage would you offer him ?
Again, I’m not sure on actual figures. Let’s say that and established league to striker is on £2k a week for the sake of this post, then then perhaps around £1000-1300. The compensation is the key figure though if a fee couldn’t be agreed beforehand. Obviously if he’s on £1000 a week and we pay £50,000 then it’s as good as £2000 a week overall.

A punt is only good in my view if you know all the figures involved from the outset. So unless the compensation amount is known from the outset, then we don’t really know how much of a punt it is.