• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kabongo Tshimanga

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep but I think he is under 24 and therefore Boreham Wood can demand compensation. May deter a few more suiters too perhaps.
Not sure on the rules as he turns 24 in late July. Could he perhaps train with a club but not sign till after his birthday, meaning there would be no compo?

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure on the rules as he turns 24 in late July. Could he perhaps train with a club but not sign till after his birthday, meaning there would be no compo?
As long as Boreham Wood offer him a contract on at least the same terms, and they have to make the decision to offer a contract or not by the end of May (?), they will be due compensation as he will be under 24.

StudentGrecian

You should read jmgulls post on the Torquay thread. “Several clubs furloughing players & becoming goal difference fodder.” “Most teams look knackered.”
Tshimanga has only scored 2 goals against teams in the top half of the National League. Discount penalties and those are the only 2 goals he’s scored in open play against anyone above 17th place. You can find 7 to 10 minute highlights for every game on youtube. Watch a few. You won’t be impressed.
Have to agree, his season doesn’t look all that impressive. 11 goalless games before hitting his first league goal of the season, imagine the pelters Bowman would get for that.
Think it’s the right place to be looking though.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have to agree, his season doesn’t look all that impressive. 11 goalless games before hitting his first league goal of the season, imagine the pelters Bowman would get for that.
Think it’s the right place to be looking though.
Bowman regularly goes very long periods without a goal. His record at the beginning of this season was very poor. He receives criticism for it and rightly so.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I didn’t realise he’d gone off the boil to that extent.Do agree with StudentGrecian though that non league must have a few other gems waiting to be turned up and it’s a good place for us to look.

tonykellowfan

I'm not sure we should so keen on players in the National league to be honest.

If you look at Jamie Reid for us he wasn't up to it, dropped into the NL and scored 58 goals in 91 and then back in L2 with Mansfield amd has scored 6 in 38.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure we should so keen on players in the National league to be honest.

If you look at Jamie Reid for us he wasn't up to it, dropped into the NL and scored 58 goals in 91 and then back in L2 with Mansfield amd has scored 6 in 38.
One player !

Talk about generalising !!

jimbo-gould

Having seen about his strike rate against the teams higher up it doesn’t look like a good signing to me.

There’s no point complaining about Bowman going on a goalless streak, then signing a player doing the same thing in a lesser league.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
He has 36 goals in 77 games for a National League side, he's 23 and has time to develop and improve.

If we aren't looking at a player like this I'm not sure where we are looking.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having seen about his strike rate against the teams higher up it doesn’t look like a good signing to me.

There’s no point complaining about Bowman going on a goalless streak, then signing a player doing the same thing in a lesser league.
Name a striker who you would be running the rule over ?

Nobody knows how this lad would do in the football league however if you are dismissing him I'd love to see the type of player you would be looking at.