• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Just how should we finish the season?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting interview with McAnthony Peterborough chairman just now. One of the reasons he is putting forward to complete the season is that he reckons that season ticket holders would be demanding refunds. I cant believe that the majority of ST holders would do that, I had assumed they would just write off 4 or 5 games. Maybe Peterborough fans are different to us.
Indeed...Many will not ask for a refund.
i’m unsure of the T & Cs surrounding Season Tickets & even if you would be entitled to a refund.

That’s not to say one not should be offered if ST holders are eligible.
Everyones personal circumstances are different.
It should not be taken for granted that fans will not be asking for a refund.

ST holders have dropped down the pecking order in the clubs model in recent seasons.It may be unwise not to offer something back for those who want recompense.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've just seen an estimate of doing a twice weekly virus test for League 2 clubs as being £140k per club to the end of the season!

Legohead

Banned
Interesting interview with McAnthony Peterborough chairman just now. One of the reasons he is putting forward to complete the season is that he reckons that season ticket holders would be demanding refunds. I cant believe that the majority of ST holders would do that, I had assumed they would just write off 4 or 5 games. Maybe Peterborough fans are different to us.
This is my point regarding clubs constantly treating fans like dog muck. Fans already alienated from their club, owner or how it's run are more likely imo to want their money back whereas fans who feel the club has traated them properly would be more likely to write off any refund.

Clubs should remember this going forward. What goes around.

Oldsmobile-88

I've just seen an estimate of doing a twice weekly virus test for League 2 clubs as being £140k per club to the end of the season!
Unless the EFL foot the bill which will be very unlikely,I think one scenario can be ruled out.

Oliver

This is my point regarding clubs constantly treating fans like dog muck. Fans already alienated from their club, owner or how it's run are more likely imo to want their money back whereas fans who feel the club has traated them properly would be more likely to write off any refund.

Clubs should remember this going forward. What goes around.
I think the simple answer here is to include all cup games as a free entry as part of the new season ticket price should the season get underway, whenever.
This would seem to me to be the ideal solution to the quandry of having paid for 5 unseen league games.

Banksy

Quite funny those six League 1 teams advocating finishing the season.Am I right in thinking our old friends Wycombe would leapfrog them all and be promoted if they used ppg to decide the season?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think the simple answer here is to include all cup games as a free entry as part of the new season ticket price should the season get underway, whenever.
This would seem to me to be the ideal solution to the quandry of having paid for 5 unseen league games.
The problem with including cup games, is that the revenue from the gate must be shared with the opposition team, and free tickets will need to be included in that shared revenue.

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
Maybe catering vouchers or free programmes or something instead of refunds. Personally I would like to think that most people would just write the money off but I can understand that there may be people who do need the money. If I was a fan of Torquay right now then i'd be demanding my money back. If a club treats you like an idiot and a cash cow with no voice for years and years and years then get your money back off them. Screw 'em. If I was a multi millionaire Torquay fan i'd still be demanding a refund. :)

StudentGrecian

Quite funny those six League 1 teams advocating finishing the season.Am I right in thinking our old friends Wycombe would leapfrog them all and be promoted if they used ppg to decide the season?
Believe under the heavily discussed weighted ppg, Wycombe also miss out anyway. Coventry, Rotherham and Oxford go up who are the current top 3.
I guess Oxford are in because they are worried that a different ppg calculation could have them behind! It’s all a big mess in League One, actually bringing me round to the idea of null and voiding the season.

Banksy

Believe under the heavily discussed weighted ppg, Wycombe also miss out anyway. Coventry, Rotherham and Oxford go up who are the current top 3.
I guess Oxford are in because they are worried that a different ppg calculation could have them behind! It’s all a big mess in League One, actually bringing me round to the idea of null and voiding the season.
That’s what I’ve always thought .Any other way causes too much aggro.