• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Just how should we finish the season?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I just don’t want argyle to get promoted. That’s it.
And by the way I want my money back from those w&nkers for the cancelled away game too. If it was a home game I’d let City keep the money, but not them.

STURTZ

I just don’t want argyle to get promoted. That’s it.
My thoughts entirely, we have been above them for 95% of the season (so far), we beat them 4:0 what more do you want?

iscalad

Somebody saying on an FB group that PPG would need 75% of the vote for it to be excepted.
Must be true then

Banksy

Must be true then
Let’s face it , three quarters of League 2 for a start couldn’t care less as they’ve absolutely nothing to play for especially if there is no relegation so there’s your 75% from our league alone.
We may have been above Plymouth for most of the season but the last month or so will have done for us.
By the time a few teams ( hopefully not us ) go bust they‘ll probably
have to revamp the leagues anyway.

burtiew

Restart the season on 13/03/2021 at the same point as it finished. Let the Premier league pay the wages/expenses of the EFL teams

DB9

Restart the season on 13/03/2021 at the same point as it finished. Let the Premier league pay the wages/expenses of the EFL teams
First part of your sentence i like but as for the second part, Yeah like thats going to happen!

Red Devon

Let’s face it , three quarters of League 2 for a start couldn’t care less as they’ve absolutely nothing to play for especially if there is no relegation so there’s your 75% from our league alone.
We may have been above Plymouth for most of the season but the last month or so will have done for us.
By the time a few teams ( hopefully not us ) go bust they‘ll probably
have to revamp the leagues anyway.
Agree I can’t see the likes of Cambridge, Scunthorpe etc being interesting in any complicated formulas to decide what to vote for seeing as it won’t effect them in anyway....by already releasing their retain lists it shows how much interest they have in it all, PPG will probably look fair to such clubs.

Banksy

Ppg will look fair to most clubs , those who benefit like Cheltenham and Wycombe , and the sort of clubs you’ve mentioned who just want to get it all over with. And the clubs who were lined up for relegation will obviously be more than happy.That just leaves half a dozen teams like us who will dip out after playing well for most of the season and have an axe to grind.Thing is to stay fit financially because I think some teams will fall by the wayside after all this.

jimmy

I know that this is an unprecedented situation..as has been mentioned several times. However, with the amount of money involved, I am surprised there is no rule in the very fine print of the rule book about what to do if the season were to be paused. Due to disease, player strikes or even war.

No one could argue if there had been something in place along the lines of...

">50% of games played by June 30th null and void. 50% or more of games played by June 30th, current league standings final."

Anyway, pie in the sky..but I just wanted to express my surprise..especially considering the amount of lawyers that will come out of the F.A/Prem/E.F.L/club's woodwork now!

OmanGrecian

Take the league table from halfway through the season. Everyone played each other once and only once then. 😁