• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Just how should we finish the season?

Legohead

Banned
To repeat, there is a difference between a) having no promotion/relegation and b) making the season and all results null and void.

i can’t believe that so many city fans want the 4-0 win over Argyle scrubbed from the records, which will then say it never happened. Is that what people want?
This is a fair point and one i'd not considered. I would like to see the season ended now but having no relegation or promotion. This seasons stats still stand but the season is ended early.

Andy_H

To repeat, there is a difference between a) having no promotion/relegation and b) making the season and all results null and void.

i can’t believe that so many city fans want the 4-0 win over Argyle scrubbed from the records, which will then say it never happened. Is that what people want?
But.....on the positive side it would also remove our FA Cup loss to Hartlepool from the records and our memories, the Argyle victory will never be erased regardless of what the records books will say, we have the video to proove it and show that they were well and truly beaten!!! Watching their fans leaving in droves before the final whistle should be put on loop!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Premier League's Project Restart meeting is tomorrow (Monday), this may give an indication of Government advice on restarting sports, and may feed in to the EFL decision making process.

Which will be made worse by the fact that it looks like this will be the 3rd season in a row where our inability to beat Crawley at home will be a major factor in us missing out on the play-offs.

Dead right there! They're becoming a bit of a 'bogey' for us as witnessed this time last year when they pulled out a performance I"d never seen from them before to end our Play-Off hopes and keep them in the league. Long winning streaks have also ended on a chilly November evening in Crawley which really p@sses me off!

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would be really annoyed if I was Pompey, the points gap between Oxford and Portsmouth per game is nothing, and any team in that bracket should feel robbed.
Oh well, they only seem bothered about the Leasing.com thing anyway. They can have that

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would be really annoyed if I was Pompey, the points gap between Oxford and Portsmouth per game is nothing, and any team in that bracket should feel robbed.
Pompey and Fleetwood would indeed be robbed, but everyone down to Doncaster in L1 would have a right to feel aggrieved if Oxford were simply promoted.

DB9

Pompey and Fleetwood would indeed be robbed, but everyone down to Doncaster in L1 would have a right to feel aggrieved if Oxford were simply promoted.
They would feel like that,. This PPG idea does it have to have unanimous backing or simply a majority of clubs accepting it? Only asking, if it needs unanimous backing then those clubs would have to agree to that?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
They would feel like that,. This PPG idea does it have to have unanimous backing or simply a majority of clubs accepting it? Only asking, if it needs unanimous backing then those clubs would have to agree to that?
Not a betting man but if I was I would put money on the EFL deciding the leagues on PPG. Keeping the playoffs and probably playing them under strict control at St George Park.

All teams will then have been promoted on merit and the final results will be a fair reflection on how they have performed throughout the season.

Having said that if they do decide to continue with the playoffs Port Vale fans will be a bit miffed too.

Given our recent playoffs history I am obviously not a great fan of them but as the saying goes needs must when the devil drives.

We will play Colchester who looked a very good team, fast direct attack with a big strong uncompromising defence, when they played at St James Park. It was a nil nil draw but they could easily have taken all three points. Although earlier it had been a different story when we played them at The Colchester Community Stadium as this time we had looked the better team.

One thing for sure if we get past Colchester and end up facing Northampton with our record against them we could well end up adding another playoff defeat to the others we have suffered.

Ideal scenario for me would be a final between ourselves and Cheltenham which would then settle any argument as to whether Cheltenham deserved to finish above us.

Legohead

Banned
Have Colchester got any players left?! :LOL:

StroudGrecian

They should just finish the season when it is safe to do so and then take stock.

No reason why the '20-21' season couldn't start in December and only feature half the number of games, i.e. play each other team in the division just once, not twice. Get back on track for 21-22.