• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Just floating a thought.....

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Now that we are a league one club we may need to be realistic about the sums of money involved and how much difference a few thousand pounds raised by the supporters can make. After all we have now received well over 10 million pounds in transfer fees over the last 7 or 8 years, have spent a million pounds on the pitch and are planning to spend roughly two million more on the training ground.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Now that we are a league one club we may need to be realistic about the sums of money involved and how much difference a few thousand pounds raised by the supporters can make. After all we have now received well over 10 million pounds in transfer fees over the last 7 or 8 years, have spent a million pounds on the pitch and are planning to spend roughly two million more on the training ground.
There are going to be numerous items required in the fitting out of the new training ground building - maybe that would be an appropriate crowdfunder option?

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suggested yonks ago to the Trust that they could publish, for want of a better word, a wedding gift list of things the club needed and then folk could buy all or part of them.

For example someone might choose to buy a couple of forks from the list for the groundsmen, but if there was say a tractor needed then maybe people could buy just a percentage of it.

Thames Valley Red

We could put a motion to the Trust to release £200k from the Trust reserve towards a war chest, on the basis that we have a gofundme campaign to match it. People will shout it down, but we are the owners of the club and sometimes we have to back the club to sustain the next step. We are competing against teams who get over 40K for a home game. We can always do the same as 1989-90 and times around the Paul Tisdale era - lose the key players and drift back down. Now is the time to back the club, keep the core of the team together and invest. We have a manager that will be poached at some point and then we start the cycle again. I have asked the question on the gofundme and I will pledge £50 for every £100k raised. I know things are tight but perhaps if people pledged on this page the Trust can see the strength of interest.....time for a step change to match our League '1' Academy, our pitch and stadium.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have asked the question on the gofundme and I will pledge £50 for every £100k raised.
I'd be surprised if we could raise as much as £100k. As you say, times are difficult financially and I'd suggest most donations would be less than your £50.

lamrobhero

... We can always do the same as 1989-90 and times around the Paul Tisdale era - lose the key players and drift back down. Now is the time to back the club, keep the core of the team together and invest. We have a manager that will be poached at some point and then we start the cycle again. ...time for a step change to match our League '1' Academy, our pitch and stadium.
A step change from previous eras would be to have 'normal' income on a par with other League 1 Clubs. I do not see how a one-off call for money can be viewed as facilitating a step change.

Thames Valley Red

I'd be surprised if we could raise as much as £100k. As you say, times are difficult financially and I'd suggest most donations would be less than your £50.
Agreed but at £10, £20 and £30 increments that is a lot of money across 3800 people and a fan base that averages closer to 5000-6000 I think

Andy Holloway

I suggested yonks ago to the Trust that they could publish, for want of a better word, a wedding gift list of things the club needed and then folk could buy all or part of them.

For example someone might choose to buy a couple of forks from the list for the groundsmen, but if there was say a tractor needed then maybe people could buy just a percentage of it.
A list has been published some time ago now, I can't find it at present but I'm sure someone will be able to find it and post it. There were many items on it ranging from the floor for the gym at £30k + , to TV screens at £100.
Some supporters groups have already 'pledged' certain items off of the list and the money placed in a ring fenced account at ECFC.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
A list has been published some time ago now, I can't find it at present but I'm sure someone will be able to find it and post it. There were many items on it ranging from the floor for the gym at £30k + , to TV screens at £100.
Some supporters groups have already 'pledged' certain items off of the list and the money placed in a ring fenced account at ECFC.
That's interesting thanks, I don't recall ever seeing it.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's interesting thanks, I don't recall ever seeing it.
Was it published by the Club or Trust? We have a long-running thread for Latest Club News. Do we need a similar one for the Trust?