• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Just floating a thought.....

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Happy to be shot down, but there has been some discussion on social media about setting up a supporter crowdfunding campaign (not Trust based) to throw some money into the pot towards player recruitment.

Probably not sufficient to retain Cam's services (not that he will even be available), but maybe help towards getting a decent replacement keeper in, or funding a higher quality striker than we could otherwise afford.

I accept that times are not easy for many folk but it could....
(a) be a fun thing over the summer break
(b) raise some funds for other benefits to the playing side, even if not a player, and
(c) generate some publicity for the club and it's supporters

As I said, shoot me down if you think its pointless (not literally 🙈).

Thoughts??

iscalad

Happy to be shot down, but there has been some discussion on social media about setting up a supporter crowdfunding campaign (not Trust based) to throw some money into the pot towards player recruitment.

Probably not sufficient to retain Cam's services (not that he will even be available), but maybe help towards getting a decent replacement keeper in, or funding a higher quality striker than we could otherwise afford.

(b) raise some funds for other benefits to the playing side, even if not a player, and

Thoughts??

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think what Pete says has some merit but, tend to agree, it would almost certainly be more beneficial if its aim were to bolster the 1931 pot.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think what Pete says has some merit but, tend to agree, it would almost certainly be more beneficial if its aim were to bolster the 1931 pot.
I guess the difference with 1931 is the payments for 1931 are collected over 12 months whereas this would all be available now?

older-codger

Shades of Gary Alexander?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Hasn't the 1931 fund been primarily to help bring in a younger, promising but unproven, player and pay his wages (or part thereof)?

I am thinking more of giving Matt a 'leg up' to maybe bring in an established player that perhaps the normal budget funding would otherwise have precluded.

Boyo

Hasn't the 1931 fund been primarily to help bring in a younger, promising but unproven, player and pay his wages (or part thereof)?

I am thinking more of giving Matt a 'leg up' to maybe bring in an established player that perhaps the normal budget funding would otherwise have precluded.
Clearly additional playing budget would be beneficial. However, I'm also conscious that we need to be sustainable at L1 and that involves having a steady or increasing playing budget each season. So generating an extra £50k now as a leg up, could cause issues down the line, if this is a one-off campaign.

A fundraising initiative for a transfer fee budget is a different proposition however...

ExmouthMart

Thoughts??
Why not put the trust membership fees up to whatever you want to pay above a minimum payment?! Aren’t we the members the ‘owners’?! Is the minimum you pay still £3 a month?! Would be a more logical way of ongoing fund raising and would be a way for the majority to feel more involved.

iscalad

Why not put the trust membership fees up to whatever you want to pay above a minimum payment?! Aren’t we the members the ‘owners’?! Is the minimum you pay still £3 a month?! Would be a more logical way of ongoing fund raising and would be a way for the majority to feel more involved.
Trust money doesn't pay for players

ExmouthMart

Trust money doesn't pay for players
Isn’t Trust money Club money?! or does Trust money only come in to play when you agree a capital expenditure project and need guarantee money to see it over the line. Where does the money go then?!