• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Josh Key...

SaintJames

I can confirm interest from Blackburn in January 2022 but I have no information on the fee discussed.

Josh was very unhappy no deal was done
I have little doubt that Blackburn and Sunderland both showed interest in Josh. Players in such situations will only focus on the wages and signing fee on offer and if the rug is pulled will of course feel miffed to put it mildly. However, it seems very clear that what was on offer to our club fell well short of acceptable. To consider otherwise would require some understanding

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
"If you throw enough mud it is inevitable that some will stick" ! And lest you ever forget, you did of course opine that Jevani was a "dud" signing ! :)
Instead of being silly and sitting on that fence, how about you add to the discussion - could you answer the following :)

Is Josh Key good enough to sustain a career in the Championship (and beyond)?

Has Josh Key performed well and to standard this season?

Which of Josh Key's 3 seasons in mens football has been his best, from an individual performance perspective?

I think those answers would be interesting to hear, because I watched every game and he's been **** poor for most of them in L1.

Pmc grecian

Instead of being silly and sitting on that fence, how about you add to the discussion - could you answer the following :)

Which of Josh Key's 3 seasons in mens football has been his best, from an individual performance perspective?

I think those answers would be interesting to hear, because I watched every game and he's been **** poor for most of them in L1.
Love watching josh he has so much energy a defenders nightmare when he attacking at speed he will leave for the championship in the summer so let’s appriecate him while he’s here

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster

I agree with much of what you say regarding Key in that he isn't probably as great as some believe but to say he's **** poor is extremely harsh.

Red Bill

I'm with Saint James on this. There is no way in a million or even a billion years, we got anything like £1.6 million bid for Josh. It is theoretically possible if the deal with £500k upfront with £1.1m in add ons, but even then I just don't believe it.
I'm with you all the way on this Martin. I think its a classic case of my mate's sisters boyfriend's uncle's cousins neighbour's brother, lives next door to an un-named player's agent's sister, and she said..........!
In other words a typical exeweb indisdutable fact🤣

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Key could be a very good player but I don't think we've fully unlocked his potential and his decision making often seems to let him down. His bursts of pace and power are a delight to watch but often loses the ball before releasing it. He also needs improved composure in front of goal.

Personally, I think he's still going to make it at a higher level, probably Championship, just needs a few tweaks to his game.

STURTZ

Not one to go in to stats but Assists 1 Goals 1 is a bit pathetic for a forward going midfielder that's played most games, even his goal was a one yarder.

manc grecian

You just went into stats.

We're a better side with him in it just wish he'd Calm down a bit when he has the ball.

He's probably not worth breaking the bank for and if he can get a good deal in the summer and we get decent compo then we'll manage

tom_ecfc

According to a former player we turned down a deal of approx £1.6m from Blackburn for Key in January 22...
Agent Davies?

Josh is a big talent with huge potential. Good dribbler, good in the air and is quick. Best position is RWB, but reasonably solid when had to play RCB. What let's him down is poor decision making, tending to run with his 'head down' and consequently losing possession in dangerous places, where subsequently he is then out of position. Some of this may be due to inexperience, but if coached out of him he could well become a Championship player or even better. I think this is what other clubs can see.