• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Josh Key...

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Josh was so good defensively yesterday that it seems a shame to move him forward so I wonder whether Jake Caprice could play at right wing instead. I was also wondering whether it might be a good idea to give Joel Randall a rest and allow Randell to develop his confidence playing on his natural side.
I think the same about moving Key. Its natural to think of switching Key to accommodate Caprice, but ECFC have found something good that is really working (Key at RB) so there's a lot to be said for sticking with it

Grecian Max

I’ve been surprised at how first team ready he is. Stand out player for us this year and already looking like he might not be around for long. I remember when George Friend developed very quickly and was off to Wolves, if he keeps this up we’re likely to get offers in January (£750k standard offer from Preston is my bet :D)

Red Devon

Josh was so good defensively yesterday that it seems a shame to move him forward so I wonder whether Jake Caprice could play at right wing instead. I was also wondering whether it might be a good idea to give Joel Randall a rest and allow Randell to develop his confidence playing on his natural side.
Nothing in Joel Randal’s performances to suggest he needs a rest, three goals in six games is superb from him, although a little quiet yesterday he’s still getting into the position to threaten the opposition goal and influence play yesterday he was only stopped on a couple of occasions when breaking on goal by a very tight offside flag and dubious referee decision.

sidney

Here's a thought, with the wings occupied why not play Key at center forward making a forward line of Randall, Key and Williams, speed and trickery on the break a bit like Brentford. Doubt it will happen, Matt seems set in the idea of a big bloke up front but in all fairness, I think Key is better in the air than Bowman.
I did wonder whether Williams couldn't play in a 'false no.9' role, running the channels and holding up play.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like a class act and deserves all his praise....

I’ll be gutted if some picked him up before us fans get a chance to see him regularly in the flesh.

Clubs will seriously look at any of our academy who’s doing well, now that our reputation is so high.

MerleyRed

Shortly after Archies introduction to the first team, there was an announcement from the club confirming that he had signed a long-term contract. I hope that Josh has been secured in a similar manner. Do we have any idea on the length of his current contract ?

andrew p long

Shortly after Archies introduction to the first team, there was an announcement from the club confirming that he had signed a long-term contract. I hope that Josh has been secured in a similar manner. Do we have any idea on the length of his current contract ?
Ah, great minds etc. I was wondering whether he had been offered a new contract. But if so it will come (doubtless) at a cost of higher wages straightaway. With no match day income, can we afford any increase? Or perhaps we can't afford not to.

On the 'standard 750k from Preston' their owner was struggling for finance pre Covid, only one new signing for this season, don't think they can afford anything unless they make a big money sale. Perhaps Brentford will be along...

Grecian Max

Ah, great minds etc. I was wondering whether he had been offered a new contract. But if so it will come (doubtless) at a cost of higher wages straightaway. With no match day income, can we afford any increase? Or perhaps we can't afford not to.

On the 'standard 750k from Preston' their owner was struggling for finance pre Covid, only one new signing for this season, don't think they can afford anything unless they make a big money sale. Perhaps Brentford will be along...
Was a joke...

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

It's all relative, though. Trever Hemmings is still a billionaire and is also apparently looking to buy Cork City.

As for Josh Key, I hope we are not getting ahead of ourselves. A year ago we were getting similarly excited about Jack Sparkes and now, one bad injury later, he's barely got off the bench this season.

Ash

It's all relative, though. Trever Hemmings is still a billionaire and is also apparently looking to buy Cork City.

As for Josh Key, I hope we are not getting ahead of ourselves. A year ago we were getting similarly excited about Jack Sparkes and now, one bad injury later, he's barely got off the bench this season.
That's certainly true, however personally I don't think Jack ever looked quite as good as Josh has for these first few games of the season. Of he maintains his current form, we'll only have him for a season most likely.