• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Josh Key...

hillview red

When I say academy product I know it was via Torquay but still credit to the ECFC team.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why he wasn't involved last season is beyond me.
For me, he has always had the pace and power, a nice contrast on the other wing from Joel Randall. The loan spell at Tiverton has definitely toughened him up. The only question I ever really had with Josh at times was about backing himself on the pitch more. Especially when being asked to play wing back and full back but also when playing his more natural RW, he could be very tentative at times about using his attacking capabilities.

Great to see him doing well at first team level. Still interested to see if he will turn out a Jack Stacey like right back or David Wheeler like winger. Money on the former at the moment.

Grecianpasty

First 20 minutes him and Williams where poor on the right. He grew into the game and shows real persistence. I'm happy he got his goal.

manc grecian

Why he wasn't involved last season is beyond me.
Suffered with injuries last season. Also prefers playing RM rather than RB

Grecianpasty

With Key playing so well, will we see him play in his preferred RM or does he stick with RB?

A good headache to have but many variables in place. If Williams stays then surely he will keep his place at RM. If not, will josh move up and caprice find his way in the team? Will Williams find himself at LM and Josh RM? This then would affect Joel at LM 🤔

Trapdoor

Man of the match performance from him today. Great to see!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He reminds me of David Wheeler in terms of his physique. Looks like he can jump just as well as Wheeler too.

I’d imagine we will see him rotate with Caprice throughout October due to the number of games but I’d be keen to see him play at RM too.

andrew p long

With Key playing so well, will we see him play in his preferred RM or does he stick with RB?

A good headache to have but many variables in place. If Williams stays then surely he will keep his place at RM. If not, will josh move up and caprice find his way in the team? Will Williams find himself at LM and Josh RM? This then would affect Joel at LM 🤔
The packed fixture list will sort out this 'four excellent players for three positions' problem. Eleven games between 17 October and 24 November will take some coping with. I also think that Joel Randall isn't yet ready to start 50 games per season, 20-30 will be much better for him.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The packed fixture list will sort out this 'four excellent players for three positions' problem. Eleven games between 17 October and 24 November will take some coping with. I also think that Joel Randall isn't yet ready to start 50 games per season, 20-30 will be much better for him.
Exactly but what is great about the strong start made by so many of our youngsters is that our pool of players who can be trusted in the first team has grown. At the start of the season we probably had 14 or 15 players who were considered as genuine first team players with a lot of promising players who we hoped might be good enough but were still unproven. That number is now closer to 20.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Excellent player. Another academy product and another St.Peter's student. Moxey, Grimes, Cameron Hargreaves, Ben Chrisene and now Josh Key. Well done all!
That's an impressive list. Does anyone know why, if he's an Exeter boy, Josh ended up at Torquay's academy?