• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jordan Storey Watch

dontpassback

Just wonder how many of Ryan Lowes ex players and staff will follow him on to Preston in the close season.;)
Have they got contract cleaners for deepdale ?

older-codger

Have they got contract cleaners for deepdale ?
naughty...... ;);)

Storey made his debut this afternoon on the right of a back 3 which also included Sam Hutchinson and Harlee Dean as Moore realised that playing defenders in defence isnt actually a bad idea

Clean sheet as we won 1-0. He was ok. Made 1 major error where he lunged in for a tackle that he was never going to get to and got neither ball or man allowing Ipswich what was probably their best chance that they blazed over.

Jury's out at the moment

dontpassback

Storey made his debut this afternoon on the right of a back 3 which also included Sam Hutchinson and Harlee Dean as Moore realised that playing defenders in defence isnt actually a bad idea

Clean sheet as we won 1-0. He was ok. Made 1 major error where he lunged in for a tackle that he was never going to get to and got neither ball or man allowing Ipswich what was probably their best chance that they blazed over.

Jury's out at the moment
I think he will do better under Darren moore,than Ryan Lowe

I think he will do better under Darren moore,than Ryan Lowe
based on what?…..I understand the hatred for Lowe but Moore is a clown

dontpassback

based on what?…..I understand the hatred for Lowe but Moore is a clown
Based on the fact that Darren moore was a very good centre back in his playing days where as Lowe was a lower league striker,so whilst he maybe a clown in your eyes as a manager,the chances of storey picking up some useful knowledge under moore is better than getting anything from Lowe (just my opinion having watched football for over 50 years)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Based on the fact that Darren moore was a very good centre back in his playing days where as Lowe was a lower league striker,so whilst he maybe a clown in your eyes as a manager,the chances of storey picking up some useful knowledge under moore is better than getting anything from Lowe (just my opinion having watched football for over 50 years)
I remember Moore playing for the Turks against us and thinking how poor he was. I was amazed he played at the level he did.

dontpassback

I remember Moore playing for the Turks against us and thinking how poor he was. I was amazed he played at the level he did.
He had a good career and played in the premier league and I believe he was in one of the PFA teams of the season,so perhaps his time at the gulls was a learning curve

Grecianpasty

@dontpassback got to agree with your last two comments. As a centre back, if your manager is respected ex premier league centre back, you'd like to think he would have some sound knowledge. And as a player, Moore was a very consistent player for what was a dire attacking West Brom team. I went to see them play a fews time back in the day and he looked solid.

3 games for us now.......9 points, 3 clean sheets......and whereas he's done nothing outstanding the results speak for themselves. Judging a centre back's performance is sometimes life judging the ref.......you dont want to notice them.....stay with your man and the ball goes elsewhere.

That aside I'm hoping to get up to Bradford next Saturday to watch you (we are playing on the Sunday)...what's the main differences of opinion on players amongst the Exeter fans....I'll try and take a view from a neutral perspective