• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jordan Storey Watch

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great news about Storey and a perceptive assessment. This mutual loan interest is working well - in the last 5 games Dawson has conceded just one goal!

Make sure you go in the away end...warning - watching City can be addictive and you may find yourself going to a few more games!

I'd be interested in your views from a Wednesday perspective too. Diabate may be the next Storey - comes from nowhere, he hadn't played higher than 7th tier Truro until 2022- but then becomes automatic first choice centre half at 19. Is he good enough for Wednesday to take a punt on?
And Collins in midfield - some in the fanbase say he's off to the Championship,others that he's League Two standard only
That all depends which Archie Collins turns up. The one we know he can be where he grabs the game by the scruff of the neck and dictates like he against Pompey and Village Green or the one where we've seen pre-Christmas and is back again now recently where his mindset appears timid and that follows through with his actions. Yesterday we saw both, he was far from impressive until Taylor made the substitutions to change the shape of the side and then all of a sudden it was like he had been injected with something and was the player we want him to be.

iscalad

As well as your input on who should play on the left for us I'd love a neutral's view on Pierce Sweeney.
We're all fans so getting a neutral view is unlikely. FWIW I like him and his commitment to the team and club.

We're all fans so getting a neutral view is unlikely. FWIW I like him and his commitment to the team and club.
As a Wednesday fan why would I not be able to give a neutral view?

by the way….4 games, 4 wins, 4 clean sheets for Storey now

iscalad

As a Wednesday fan why would I not be able to give a neutral view?

by the way….4 games, 4 wins, 4 clean sheets for Storey now
Ah, I see now. Missed the relevant post.

andrew p long

Jordan Storey at the heart of the Preston defence that has the most clean sheets in the 92 league clubs this season.

Now in the play off positions for a place in the Premiership.

Jordan has played every game this season, bar one (which they lost)

tom_ecfc

Jordan Storey at the heart of the Preston defence that has the most clean sheets in the 92 league clubs this season.

Now in the play off positions for a place in the Premiership.

Jordan has played every game this season, bar one (which they lost)
Usual question, do we know the adds on for Jordan if he was to leave Preston?

andrew p long

Usual question, do we know the adds on for Jordan if he was to leave Preston?
I can't find anything at the moment to confirm, but I had it in mind that there was a % sell on. It was certainly the sort of thing we usually asked for/got in transfers by the time he was sold.

STURTZ

Always thought Storey was quality, complete central defender, big, strong, mobile and creative with the ball and I think he has been wise with his career path. Other City transfers have come unstuck when that player has stretched himself too much.
George Friend also played his way up the leagues with success, no disgrace in the Top division.

Storey could also make it.

Grecianpasty

Unless it's with Preston, I don't see Storey playing in the Prem. Not at his age now. I'm glad to see he is doing well at Preston mind you.