• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jordan Dyer

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sparkes has only gone for a month. It's not like he has gone on a long term loan like the others.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it's too soon to write off Jordan. It sounds like Pierce and Alex are going to be out for quite a while so even with Chieck coming into the first-team reckoning we are still very light on numbers and may well need Jordan as well.
Although Cheick and Sam Stubbs understandably got all the attention, I thought Jordan quietly did well when he came on and got his body in the way of the ball a few times.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Dyer is a solid Centre Half. However, I suspect he is in the same position that Will Dean was in the previous year. The club have invested their time and resources into Diabate and Pond both of whom are highly rated by the man that matters. As a former cenner half Taylor knows what he wants from a CH. I suspect that if one of Diabate and Pond were not at the club Jordan's stock would rise accordingly. However, given George Ray, Hartridge and Stubbsy are likely to be here next season I cant see Dyer getting the nod ahead of Sweens as cover for next season got a feeling he has a 2 yr deal?). His only chance is if he gets a run of five or six games and plays out of his skin and makes an impact like Jordan Storey did when Tiz didnt rate him. Such is the strength of our academy now that even being good is sometimes not enough when others are better

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I think Dyer is a solid Centre Half. However, I suspect he is in the same position that Will Dean was in the previous year. The club have invested their time and resources into Diabate and Pond both of whom are highly rated by the man that matters. As a former cenner half Taylor knows what he wants from a CH. I suspect that if one of Diabate and Pond were not at the club Jordan's stock would rise accordingly. However, given George Ray, Hartridge and Stubbsy are likely to be here next season I cant see Dyer getting the nod ahead of Sweens as cover for next season got a feeling he has a 2 yr deal?). His only chance is if he gets a run of five or six games and plays out of his skin and makes an impact like Jordan Storey did when Tiz didnt rate him. Such is the strength of our academy now that even being good is sometimes not enough when others are better
I think this probably sums up Jordan Dyer's situation perfectly. Unless he has a Jordan Storey type run to the end of the season I suspect he won't be with us next season.

andrew p long

anyone know what's happened to him lately? Out on loan at Bath but not in any squad there lately and IIRC someone at Bath referred to a 'disappearing centre half'. Is he injured?

(sadly as posts above suggest, his chances of being retained by City are slim)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
anyone know what's happened to him lately? Out on loan at Bath but not in any squad there lately and IIRC someone at Bath referred to a 'disappearing centre half'. Is he injured?

(sadly as posts above suggest, his chances of being retained by City are slim)
Also, yesterday was the first time Alfie was recalled to the squad ahead of him.

grecIAN Harris

Also, yesterday was the first time Alfie was recalled to the squad ahead of him.
Yesterday was the first time I've seen Alfie Pond, he's a big boy isn't he. I was going to say he's a big boy for a ** year old and went to check the club website to see how old he was only to discover he was born 1/1/1901. I would have thought at that age his legs would have gone by now. :unsure:

denzel

This is in the wrong thread, but who was the Number 42 who was warming up yesterday? I noted that lots of players not included in the squad were warming up before the game, including Nigel, but I can't see a number 42 in the programme. Presumably one of the younger lads, though he did look quite tall..

grecIAN Harris

This is in the wrong thread, but who was the Number 42 who was warming up yesterday? I noted that lots of players not included in the squad were warming up before the game, including Nigel, but I can't see a number 42 in the programme. Presumably one of the younger lads, though he did look quite tall..
That was Alfie Pond.........

Rosencrantz

Yesterday was the first time I've seen Alfie Pond, he's a big boy isn't he. I was going to say he's a big boy for a ** year old and went to check the club website to see how old he was only to discover he was born 1/1/1901. I would have thought at that age his legs would have gone by now. :unsure:
Just turned 18 has Alfie. His shoulders have certainly got broader over these past few months.