• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jonathan Forte Signs

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Jonthan Forte Signs

Not the only one.
Haha haha. Bottom lips gone here.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

I’m probably the only one who’s not excited. Scored 15 in 63 games for notts, that’s not selling it to me
Seventy-five league goals in 381 appearances, a better goals-to-game ration than Simo but hardly prolific.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster

Quick check of notts forum suggests fans seem to rate him. Could be a good foil for Stockley.

dommers

What were your thoughts when we signed Simpson and Brunt ?

As a striker Forte is far more exciting as a striker than many of those Tisdale signed.

Forte is the first striker Taylor has signed, I'm impressed.

I'm excited to see who else Taylor has up his sleeve.
As equally disappointed if not more so. Although we're now in a much better position financially so should be looking at better options.

IndoMike

Maybe if he is given a good run out and can play consecutive games (rather than being in and out of the team as he was at County) he will be able to gain more confidence and improve his strike rate.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

As equally disappointed if not more so. Although we're now in a much better position financially so should be looking at better options.
Haha,

As a signing Forte is streets ahead of those two and he will prove it this season.

You are clearly very bitter Tisdale is no longer the manager.

My time with you is done.

Last edited:

dommers

As a signing Forte is streets ahead of those two and he will prove it this season.
But not as good as we should be able to attract now, and need to, if we're going to mount a serious promotion push which is what we should be aiming to do.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

Slightly underwhelmed although if memory serves me correctly he either scored for Notts in the semis against Coventry or had a good goal disallowed. Remembering that Coventry had all the luck going during both matches.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster

But not as good as we should be able to attract now, and need to, if we're going to mount a serious promotion push which is what we should be aiming to do.
Waiting for the penny to drop with people that were not about to build a side that has the rest of the division quaking in their boots before a ball is kicked... we don't have a massive budget and we're not going to be competing financially with the top spenders. How many people have to say it from inside the club before people accept it isn't a conspiracy?

We should have the money, we should be spending this and spending that... should, should should... We don't.

The bookies aren't stupid. They have info on budgets etc. Clubs with money burning holes are priced at short odds. We are not. It's not because they've made a howler or didn't bank on the flurry of big names about to arrive.

We might do well... time will tell... but it'll involve getting more out of players that other clubs didn't rate and building a side that's more than the sum of its parts.

IndoMike

We mounted a serious challenge last season with only one striker ! This guy Forte will hopefully offer what we didn't have last season: the classic combination of big striker and busy striker around him. I'm pretty sure Taylor will not do the lone striker thingy, especially at home. Cheer up, Dommers.