• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Randall (to Peterborough)

raleighnc

I hate to be rude, but it is your own reality in this case, and not that of the vast majority.
You hate to be rude so much yet you are rude. Doesn’t say much for your own reality does it?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great post. Pretty much sums everything up. People on here will defend everything the club does…but in the realms of reality they are all excuses. We’ve got a big enough area, sold a shedload of players-we can’t be skinter still than any other league 2 side….Is it just business people running the club only interested in profit/loss?…start focusing on the football team! This has been going on for years, what happened to the 5 year plan? That was an epic fail! This new plan seems like just another way to mug everyone off…we ain’t pulling in crowds of 6000 if it’s going to be same old, float around League 2 then come March we are more worried about redoing the pitch rather than getting promoted.
You do have an unfortunate turn of phrase when referring to the club "mugging" everyone off, - even your son, who wishes to relinquish his season ticket would appear to have been mugged, pray tell who at the club mugged him off to buy it.

One of the clubs LLvensECFC omitted in his comparison of clubs was Brentford, in your years of supporting ECFC can you recall when they got promoted from Division 4! That's right same time as we did under Tiswas, and now look where they are, shows what a rich benefactor can do to help you establish yourselves .

Under Tiswas we did try the spraying of cash around to buy players, even injured ones David Noble (without the benefit of our recent sales income), and whilst we equalled our highest ever finish look where it got us a couple of seasons later, cap in hand to the PFA and relegation and some of the most dire football we witnessed for a long time, remind me again how many wins did we see in a year during that time.

Football is a business like it or not. Make a profit you can re-invest as Brentford have done when they sold Ollie and signing Toney with some change left over, make a loss and it has to be covered somewhere, with a lot of football clubs it falls to the Chairman or owner, in case you have forgot we don't have one of those as we are a supporter owned club, bit tinpot but I like it that way, so therefore we need to be careful with the pennies. Because of the the prudency of the board we are moving forward across the whole club, not at pace but forward.

So when an opportunity comes to make some more money to secure the future of the club and the academy we have to take it. Joel Randall's contract runs out this year, his father is an old professional footballer and knows the wherewithal of the business, his name was noticeable for it's absence when Josh Key et al signed new contracts last year. He has an agent who is touting him around higher league clubs where he will be paid thousands of pounds more per week and play a higher level of football and you spout off "about him playing with his mates", "make him stick to his contract," Get real, we witnessed last year with Randel what a player is like once their head has been turned.

Take the money and run I say

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
You hate to be rude so much yet you are rude. Doesn’t say much for your own reality does it?
What does "being rude" entail? Disagreeing with you?

Memphis09

You do have an unfortunate turn of phrase when referring to the club "mugging" everyone off, - even your son, who wishes to relinquish his season ticket would appear to have been mugged, pray tell who at the club mugged him off to buy it.

One of the clubs LLvensECFC omitted in his comparison of clubs was Brentford, in your years of supporting ECFC can you recall when they got promoted from Division 4! That's right same time as we did under Tiswas, and now look where they are, shows what a rich benefactor can do to help you establish yourselves .

Under Tiswas we did try the spraying of cash around to buy players, even injured ones David Noble (without the benefit of our recent sales income), and whilst we equalled our highest ever finish look where it got us a couple of seasons later, cap in hand to the PFA and relegation and some of the most dire football we witnessed for a long time, remind me again how many wins did we see in a year during that time.

Football is a business like it or not. Make a profit you can re-invest as Brentford have done when they sold Ollie and signing Toney with some change left over, make a loss and it has to be covered somewhere, with a lot of football clubs it falls to the Chairman or owner, in case you have forgot we don't have one of those as we are a supporter owned club, bit tinpot but I like it that way, so therefore we need to be careful with the pennies. Because of the the prudency of the board we are moving forward across the whole club, not at pace but forward.

So when an opportunity comes to make some more money to secure the future of the club and the academy we have to take it. Joel Randall's contract runs out this year, his father is an old professional footballer and knows the wherewithal of the business, his name was noticeable for it's absence when Josh Key et al signed new contracts last year. He has an agent who is touting him around higher league clubs where he will be paid thousands of pounds more per week and play a higher level of football and you spout off "about him playing with his mates", "make him stick to his contract," Get real, we witnessed last year with Randel what a player is like once their head has been turned.

Think his head has been turned for a few years
People forget he was nearly thrown out the club several years ago with a attitude problem
Take the money I agree has only played half season for us but please please get decent players in

ianaplincorners

I don't know when he suffered from ME, but iirc wasn't it his father that effectively ended his Exeter City career ?
Martin Phillips had ME

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
People forget he was nearly thrown out the club several years ago with a attitude problem
Take the money I agree has only played half season for us but please please get decent players in
Was he, any links or heresay (Serious curiosity)

llvnsECFC

Great post. Pretty much sums everything up. People on here will defend everything the club does…but in the realms of reality they are all excuses. We’ve got a big enough area, sold a shedload of players-we can’t be skinter still than any other league 2 side….Is it just business people running the club only interested in profit/loss?…start focusing on the football team! This has been going on for years, what happened to the 5 year plan? That was an epic fail! This new plan seems like just another way to mug everyone off…we ain’t pulling in crowds of 6000 if it’s going to be same old, float around League 2 then come March we are more worried about redoing the pitch rather than getting promoted.

completely agree with the Joel Randall situation, maybe we have got confused with my comment but 100% agree with everything you’ve said, I just feel that now is the time we really must commit to having a successful football team to complement our extremely successful business model and academy produce. I feel there’s possibly a stigma around the club that those are mutually exclusive at the moment, but we really must work to gain promotion now as soon as possible.

llvnsECFC

Are you saying Joel Randall was nearly thrown out of the club? If so you’re very far off the mark with that one.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
What was rude in the post? It was polite you silly boy. If its rude you're after I can do that.😎

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Red Monster

Darragh MacAnthony posh owner on sky transfer show just
mentioned he’s waiting on a new signing having his medical
as we speak .