• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Randall (to Peterborough)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
This lad should be in our first team squad week in week out, I'd sacrifice Holmes to get him in.

I really like the look of this lad, he has that golden combination of ability and workrate, he also seems to have the ability to make things happen.

I think he will go on to become a very exciting player for us.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree but I'm not the expert and we've seen with O'Shea, Williams, Sparkes and Richardson that Matt Taylor is pretty good at judging the right time to introduce players into the first team.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I liked the look of him in his cameos against Cambridge and Grimsby recently. I think he started very well against Portsmouth although IMO he faded and was beat by the end, I'd probably have subbed him off when Williams came on.

Certainly he, like Kite and Dyer, has a very bright future in the game.

chunkymorrinmunter

i think Josh Key is the one to watch.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
And Will Dean.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lots of our younger players including Smerdon and Hartridge presumably have a realistic chance to make it. Perhaps more than usual. Precedent says it's unlikely they all will. But let's hope they do; Matt Taylor and his staff seem to be handling bringing them through sensitively and professionally.

Ironically us being promoted would probably reduce their possibilities of doing so with us.

chunkymorrinmunter

And Will Dean.
not sure when he is going to break through,same with Hartridge really ,like to think they will knocking on the door soon. still young tho.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes! Certainly caught the eye when I’ve seen him play.

budegrecian

Yes! Certainly caught the eye when I’ve seen him play.
Yes he has too. However, Joel Randall is the one with the really electric burst of pace which is a real asset when attacking the opposition. Could be the new Randell Wiillams in a year or two.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes he has too. However, Joel Randall is the one with the really electric burst of pace which is a real asset when attacking the opposition. Could be the new Randell Wiillams in a year or two.
To be honest I think Key is probably quicker in a straight race. Joel though has a shorter, choppier stride that looks quick and certainly helps him be quick whilst dribbling the ball and helps him keep the ball close. Key is someone who is a stronger runner and is a case of get the ball past the defender and run.

Think of one is a winger like Holmes, one like Wheeler in the way they beat people. A nice balance for City to have.