• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Often think that about a large nunber of threads on here these days....

Anyway it's just another case of fake outrage from most fans.

for example if Javani scores the winner against Argyle later this season, everyone will still lose there minds as the ball hits the net.
I dunno mate, the accusation doesn't look great

Personally could get my head round more of a The Terrace situation (sort of, wasn't ideal but could see how it can happen - any bloke knows that there are people looking to be knobheads in town for no reason) but this one is pretty much impossible to justify in terms of what the Devon Live article has said. Innocent until proven guilty of course but I can't see how the club & JB can have a tenable relationship. This would go for any club too, not just one that purports to be more community based.

andrew p long

The news that Jevani won't play whilst the proceedings continue makes it really unlikely that he will be playing again this season.. If he pleads not guilty there is very little realistic prospect of the case being tried in the 3 months remaining of the season.

grecIAN Harris

I concur.

It may well be that the Mason Greenwood case is one where the decision has been directed by the accuser not wanting to give evidence in court.
Or being paid off..........

Grecian2K

Or being paid off..........
Or "browned off"?

Bat Fastard

What a clown if it proves true, at the absolute peak of his career as wel….hard to imagine he’ll play for us again this season if at all. Out of interest what’s wrong with a few people who’ve got nothing to do with the case talking about it? Might it affect a jury if it went to trial etc?

Boyo

The news that Jevani won't play whilst the proceedings continue makes it really unlikely that he will be playing again this season.. If he pleads not guilty there is very little realistic prospect of the case being tried in the 3 months remaining of the season.
Excuse my ignorance, but I thought cases at the Magistrates Court were usually wrapped up pretty quickly, unless the case is referred to the Crown Court (which I think is unlikely, unless serious injuries were sustained)?

Gordon Dale

Such a shame. JB was ill advised to put himself in any public late night situation. Whether or not the accuser decides to give evidence may not ultimately be the deciding factor. Unfortunately we live in a society where cameras are everywhere. I will be extremely saddened if JB is found guilty and never dons an ECFC shirt again.

andrew p long

Excuse my ignorance, but I thought cases at the Magistrates Court were usually wrapped up pretty quickly, unless the case is referred to the Crown Court (which I think is unlikely, unless serious injuries were sustained)?
Yes, a lot less slowly in the Magistrates Court than a Crown Court trial, for which a time span of 18 months - 2 years has happened in many cases. But if its a not guilty plea, even in the Magistrates Court, there are still a few procedural steps and - from what I read - the whole criminal justice system is creaking. Then Jevani would have to get match fit again after having been out. Season finishes in 3 months time as of tomorrow.

Average Joe

To prevent people potentially breaking the law by commenting on the ongoing court case.
This is hardly mainstream media. We are hardly breaking the law by discussing JB, I can ensure you nothing will happen to anyone on here for expressing their views, right or wrong.

fred binneys head

What a ****.

Reactions: Ash