• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

SaintJames

1st of June now and training starts again in three weeks time. Anybody have any idea where to find court listings in advance? Wonder what our deadline is so to speak before we need to decide on JB - as late as the end of pre-season Coventry game maybe? When do current contracts expire is it the end of June or the end of July?

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
End of June, I think, SJ

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
1st of June now and training starts again in three weeks time. Anybody have any idea where to find court listings in advance? Wonder what our deadline is so to speak before we need to decide on JB - as late as the end of pre-season Coventry game maybe? When do current contracts expire is it the end of June or the end of July?
I think the position is that contracts expire at the end of June...but IIRC players who haven't got a club by the end of July get another months payment then.

As JB is a free agent our deadline before we need to decide is determined by whether other clubs get in first. He could sign a pre-contract agreement with another club tomorrow - a club that is prepared to run the risk of a seriously bad outcome at the trial.

SaintJames

I think the position is that contracts expire at the end of June...but IIRC players who haven't got a club by the end of July get another months payment then.

As JB is a free agent our deadline before we need to decide is determined by whether other clubs get in first. He could sign a pre-contract agreement with another club tomorrow - a club that is prepared to run the risk of a seriously bad outcome at the trial.
So realistically unless another club is prepared to take an almighty gamble or potentially a calculated gamble based upon the most likely outcome based on the facts (those we don't really have) we have two months till the end of July. Of course if no court date is forthcoming in the next two months this thread could still be continued on the basis that we could sign him as a free agent in January (subject to something happening in the next seven months and that he isn't put inside.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
So realistically unless another club is prepared to take an almighty gamble or potentially a calculated gamble based upon the most likely outcome based on the facts (those we don't really have) we have two months till the end of July. Of course if no court date is forthcoming in the next two months this thread could still be continued on the basis that we could sign him as a free agent in January (subject to something happening in the next seven months and that he isn't put inside.
Free agents can be signed outside of standard Transfer windows I believe, bar a week after each end date and a period towards the end of the season (to state I think this is the case without checking)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Seems Matt Taylor is still interested in Jevani!

STURTZ

Taylor gets Brown, then buys Nombe and then gets Stanno in on loan, dream scenario for Rotherham fans and could happen, wouldn't cost too much and he gets three players that know how to play together.

Don't think Rotherham have £3M to spend somehow.

Grecian Max

Taylor gets Brown, then buys Nombe and then gets Stanno in on loan, dream scenario for Rotherham fans and could happen, wouldn't cost too much and he gets three players that know how to play together.
“Wouldn’t cost too much”

As always, let’s remember Rotherham’s transfer record is £600,000. Nombe in this market is worth double that.

I can definitely see Brown moving there though and Stansfield is actually a bit of a shout too.

SaintJames

Seems Matt Taylor is still interested in Jevani!

So the Rotherham Advertiser tells us Jevani's court case will be heard on July 7th. Nice to get your news from a local source :)