• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani’s Contract

Intheknow84

If I am right to believe he out of contract at the end of the season.
It needs to be a priority to get him signed on a new deal asap!
Should use the 19/31 money to bump his pay and get that extension!

tom_ecfc

Didn’t he sign a 3 year contract?

Intheknow84

Didn’t he sign a 3 year contract?
I thought Nombe signed 3 and Jevani 2?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sigh. More work for Hants. This plainly shouldn't have been started as a new thread and surely should be merged with the Jevani Brown thread.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
If I am right to believe he out of contract at the end of the season.
It needs to be a priority to get him signed on a new deal asap!
Should use the 19/31 money to bump his pay and get that extension!
He's been offered a new contract on substantially better terms. Whether he accepts is a different story. The club are being really proactive behind the scenes though in terms of trying to secure our important players on longer contracts. That however will not be easy as there are many suitors for some of our players who can all offer better wages than we can.

Average Joe

It gets me why he wouldn't sign. He has struggled every where he's gone other then at SJP. He was a gamble, and it paid of for player and club. Why risk it, he's not higher championship level

StudentGrecian

It gets me why he wouldn't sign. He has struggled every where he's gone other then at SJP. He was a gamble, and it paid of for player and club. Why risk it, he's not higher championship level
What’s the risk? If someone offers him a three year deal on more money, whether he plays well or not he gets better money for the next 3 years!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
What’s the risk? If someone offers him a three year deal on more money, whether he plays well or not he gets better money for the next 3 years!
And that's the sad truth.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep. Jevani has responsibilities to others (his children) and his football playing career will be over in not that many years time, when he will be mid 30s and with no other profession, skill or trade (at least so far as I know). And the alternatives he might get next summer wouldn't just be 10k/20k more than at City. Someone like Jayden Stockley got a 350k pa contract for 3.5 years - more than £1.2m in that contract. Those sort of numbers are potentially life changing for someone who has never played above League Two before this season.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
You might really like your current job and you might be performing really well...

If a competitor comes and offers to double your salary with a guarantee of being paid for 3 years regardless of performance, you're off.

Footballers at ECFC level aren't paid enough to stay at a club for loyalty, they need to earn as much as they can while they can. Jevani is sensible for holding off to see who might come and offer him a good deal.

I really hope he stays but we need to see it from his perspective.