• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jeremy Corbyn

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Kevin Maguire called it for the bearded one, but then according to him Labour have never "lost" a PMQs.

Adam Boulton, reporting no doubt totally impartially for Sky (!) called it most emphatically the other way.
No surprises there then. John Pienaar is scrupulously fair so his view would interest me a tad more.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Just seen the list of appointees to the Labour departmental committees - it's like a "Who's Who" of the Dear Leader's enemies within the party. Ouch!

You've got the strident pro-Trident chap heading up defence, not to mention Mike "I'll show him the same loyalty he showed his predecessors" (to paraphrase slightly) Gapes as well as Tristram Hunt and then Chris Leslie doing the treasury role.

Mr Jinx

Just seen the list of appointees to the Labour departmental committees - it's like a "Who's Who" of the Dear Leader's enemies within the party. Ouch!

You've got the strident pro-Trident chap heading up defence, not to mention Mike "I'll show him the same loyalty he showed his predecessors" (to paraphrase slightly) Gapes as well as Tristram Hunt and then Chris Leslie doing the treasury role.
An absolute effin shambles.

And the more I see & hear of Tim Farron, the more I dislike him. Can't put my finger on why. The Tories really do have a free run for a long time.

ECFC traveller

And the more I see & hear of Tim Farron, the more I dislike him. Can't put my finger on why. The Tories really do have a free run for a long time.
He's so much worse than Cleggy, and my god Cleggy was a shambles.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

The thing is, Farron is now somewhere between a rock and a hard place. He was elected on a platform of taking the Lib Dems left of Labour, now that Labour have elected a leader somewhere to the left of Lenin he has to shift focus back towards the centre, which won't be easy.

The other dynamic is the Greens, who have been rendered somewhat irrelevant by Labour occupying their "Magic Money Tree" ground.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/media/2015/11/why-sun-so-determined-destroy-jeremy-corbyn-because-he-could-be-prime

The list is growing for those that are becoming worried. The Sun, The BBC, General Houghton, numerous Blairites...........and so it will continue to grow. Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cometh the hour, cometh the man.
The last time I saw that piece of wisdom it was the Daily Mirror's headline on the day of the election that saw Gordon Brown get the bum's rush out of No10.

Mr Jinx

Corbyn, the gift that keeps on giving. Soon the Labour party will effectively just be him and John McDonnell. You have to wonder what he was thinking letting such a divisive character as Livingstone back into the fray? Next up: George Galloway?

I can't see how he's going to last until 2015. The Tories need to tread carefully if they want to keep him at the helm until the next election. Cameron thinks the time is right to lay a trap and put a commons vote through regarding bombing Syria. The thing is that trap could well backfire: Labour capitulates, Cameron gets his wish and is allowed to bomb but Corbyn stands down and say D Milliband/Jarvis/Starmer steps into his shoes. Were that to happen, it's headaches all around for the Tories.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I saw a comment piece recently that compared Cameron's comparatively softly softly treatment of Corbyn with Blair's treatment of IDS. Both knew they wanted their opponent to stay in the job as long as possible, with an election thrown in for good measure.

A member of Corbyn's shadow cabinet the other day confided in Laura Kuenssberg that they felt Corbyn was "unfit to be leader". If that's what his "friends" in the party think, then what must his enemies think!